AZ Barbeque.com

Quick Smoke Dinner

Discussion started on

RudedoggAZ

I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on something to cook that is a faster smoke than making a pork butt or something like it. I was thinking about making meatloaf but figured I would consult the trusty forum to get some ideas. Basically I want to know if anyone has any good everyday dinner ideas that don't take 4+ hours to cook.

I'm going use my ProQ as much as possible before Prescott and am going to practice on competition stuff this weekend. You can only make so much pork and chicken :)

Thanks for the help!

Chris

#1 - August 14, 2009, 12:11:24 pm

KidCurry

meatloaf is always good....here is mine: 3.5 hours give or take...http://www.azbarbeque.com/forums/bbq-discussion/meat-loaf/msg20405/#msg20405

#2 - August 14, 2009, 12:44:41 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

Tek465

What about sausages??? Practically a meal in a tube. Add some peppers & onions, apples & cabbage, or beans & rice and you're good to go.

Or, I've tried smoked portobello mushrooms, those were good. Or twice baked potatoes. Cheese or veggie dishes cook quickly and readily pick up the smoke flavor.

If you want meat, stuffed peppers cook pretty quick. Fresh trout is also good, but I think it funks up the smoker.

I've even thrown the kids Jeno's pizzas on the WSM and had it turn out well. I think lasagna will be the next experiment. Just treat your smoker like an oven.
#3 - August 14, 2009, 03:11:20 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Stuffed peppers are great as is Fatties, ABT's, Skirt Steaks, pork loin, etc.  Lots of food can be smokers in just a few hours.  Ribs are great as well...
#4 - August 14, 2009, 03:21:09 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

azkitch

Mac and Cheese
#5 - August 14, 2009, 06:02:48 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Lizard333

Fatties would get my vote.  Maybe a nice turkey breast or a whole pork loin.
#6 - August 15, 2009, 06:49:00 am
Bueller... Bueller...  Bueller..........

RudedoggAZ

Well, Thanks for the ideas... I dediced to make meatloaf and it turned out GREAT! Took a little longer than I thought but well worth the wait. I'll post pix when I get a chance.
#7 - August 17, 2009, 11:05:00 am

Members: