AZ Barbeque.com

Yesterdays Brisket

Discussion started on

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Decided to a Brisket on Yesterday. Picked ups one from Walamrt at 15LBS. Keeped this cook pretty simple. Just used salt and pepper with Kingsford charcol and Mesquite wood chips. Cooked it for 10 hours at 250 to 275 degrees. I foiled at 155 and finished at 180. Came out pretty good. I do over prefer the seasoned version over just salt and pepper. Oh well, next time. Enjoy the pic's

[attachment deleted by admin]
#1 - October 20, 2010, 09:20:11 am
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:22:39 am by Gizzy's Q'N Crew »
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

RudedoggAZ

Nice job, Looks great!
#2 - October 20, 2010, 09:23:36 am

n2dabluebbq

looking good sir. question though, do you think that maybe you might have gone heavier(read more coverage) with the salt/pepper?
#3 - October 21, 2010, 08:16:02 am
low and slow baby, low and slow

s.475 passed baby!           http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/n2dabluebbq/

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

looking good sir. question though, do you think that maybe you might have gone heavier(read more coverage) with the salt/pepper?

Yes....definitly more salt with a little more pepper or use the coarse ground. I actually preferred the brisket I did at Big Daddy's over this one which, I didn't think I would. This one was moist and good but, lacked flavor which means more practice ;D
#4 - October 21, 2010, 10:59:19 am
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

n2dabluebbq

thanks for the reply. think you might want to share the amounts? i have thought of doing a couple briskets that way. using sea salt and course black pepper.
#5 - October 21, 2010, 07:30:05 pm

s.475 passed baby!           http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/n2dabluebbq/

jmcrig

thanks for the reply. think you might want to share the amounts? i have thought of doing a couple briskets that way. using sea salt and course black pepper.

You can take the boy out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the boy. ;D ;D ;D

Especially the Hill Country
#6 - October 21, 2010, 07:43:14 pm

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

The pepper I just sprinkled it on out of a shaker till the Brisket was covered and tried to rub it in. I used regular table salt and just sprinkled it on. I tend to over salt so I did it lightly. Also it should be noted that I only let the meat sit for about 2 hours after seasoning. It might have had a different result if I'd let it sit overnight in the fridge
Oh Well, Next time
#7 - October 22, 2010, 02:57:37 pm
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

n2dabluebbq

well i think i need to see how this turns out. looking to do it in the near future and when i do, i will post results here.
#8 - October 23, 2010, 02:34:31 pm

Members: