AZ Barbeque.com

Weekend 9/29-9/30 Q

Discussion started on

SWestBBQ

You know life is good and you are married to the perfect woman when she knows you without question.  ;D There I was passed out after a very long day of night shift and taking care of the kids till about 16:00. The wife did herself a good yard sale and then went to get her hair done.  ;D So why you ask am I posting this here, because my wife knows me without question or reservation. What does she come home with? A nice whole shoulder (bone out), 4 racks of spares, and to help me stay up through the night HALO 3! ;D ;D  YES!!! So I will be putting the 14 lb split whole shoulder on around 2 am. Looking for a 14:00 tomorrow eat time. I toss on the ribs around 8 am. I'll try and get pics posted this time. I keep taking them, but I never can post 'em.  ;D :) Alright gotta run, rub to mix, dinner to cook. Be back on later with some updates. ;D

#1 - September 29, 2007, 08:05:44 pm
Perfect Q = Tender succulent meat with a savory rub, cooked low/slow with aromatic wood. Sauce is just another condiment.

Weber Smokey Joe, 2 Weber Silver Kettles, Brinkman Smoke 'N Grill w/mods, New Braunfels Silver Smoker w/mods, Beginning my first UDS build.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Does she give lessons...  ;D  ;D

Congrats on the meats and the HALO 3.  Post some results of both....
#2 - September 30, 2007, 12:10:50 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

SWestBBQ

Just a quick update, The NBBD is warming up, the Shoulder is rubbed and resting, HALO 3 is still unopened, ;D :o Get to that later. ;D I'll keep you posted.
#3 - September 30, 2007, 01:36:51 am
Perfect Q = Tender succulent meat with a savory rub, cooked low/slow with aromatic wood. Sauce is just another condiment.

Weber Smokey Joe, 2 Weber Silver Kettles, Brinkman Smoke 'N Grill w/mods, New Braunfels Silver Smoker w/mods, Beginning my first UDS build.

SWestBBQ

Just a quick update. The ribs are trimmed and rubbed. The shoulder is going nicely. Temps have held at an average of 235 all night. :) Well...215..250..whatever I did say average. LOL ;D I would just like to say, thank you Lord for the perfect Q'in night. It was awesome. No wind, temps were in the high 60's, crystal clear sky..awesome. Just wish I had a couple of friends to have a few beers and bull**** with over the fire pit. ;D Later all, Happy Q'in. ;D
#4 - September 30, 2007, 07:18:24 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Had I known sooner, I might have been able to come over and oblige that request....  ;D  ;D

I could have been your timer... "OK, 3 Beers down, time to baste the meat"...  ;D  ;D

Hope you are getting some great pictures..
#5 - September 30, 2007, 07:45:33 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

ddog27

I could have been your timer... "OK, 3 Beers down, time to baste the meat"...  ;D  ;D

Mike has this down to an exact science. If you were drinking something other than beer he would know how many shots or glasses it would take until you need to baste the meat. It is an amazing talent! Everyone should have Mike over while you BBQ! ;D ;D ;D ;D
#6 - September 30, 2007, 11:00:08 am
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

SWestBBQ

Hopefully I'll get the pics up this weekend. Took a few.
#7 - October 04, 2007, 09:52:18 pm

Members: