AZ Barbeque.com

Smoked Turkey Tuesday..

Discussion started on

azkitch

I thought I'd slap this up really fast before I get ready for work...(Streets of NY, 59th and T-Bird; delivery within the 101/I-17/DunlapOlive rectangle)
I smoked a turkey Tuesday in between trying to replace a front wheel bearing on a Honda Accord..(FUN FUN FUN)
Tasted incredible. I just dumped Yardbird on it, and ran the smoker at about 265 for just about 4 hours..19# bird.

It was pretty juicy when it was still hot..the next day, the breast had dried out, but still yummy. Understated smoke flavor thru much of the meat.
#1 - January 20, 2012, 02:58:04 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

AZWildcat

Nicely done Dave! Love the color.
#2 - January 20, 2012, 03:09:08 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

PAT YOUNG

DAVE, Did you brine!
#3 - January 20, 2012, 10:05:06 pm

azkitch

DAVE, Did you brine!
Ah, the details...It was a fresh, minimally processed turkey from Safeway; had been on sale after Thanksgiving. I pitched it in the freezer then. I brined it in apple juice/water/salt/honey about 18 hours. Things I'd probably change: I'd inject, and cook breast side down the whole time. I flipped it over about 2/3 the way through.
The dark meat is still pretty moist.
The gravy I made helps the breast meat go down easier!
#4 - January 21, 2012, 09:57:43 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Looks good Dave
#5 - January 21, 2012, 02:11:12 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Members: