AZ Barbeque.com

In Preparation for Poker Night

Discussion started on

VisionQuest220

I've got about 30 lbs. of pork shoulder in the offset right now succumbing to the wonder that is pecan smoke.  I brined it overnight and it "marinated" in rub for about 4 hours prior to going into the smoker.

Good times.
#1 - January 14, 2007, 09:10:55 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Ah sure, rub it in....

Sounds tasty, I will be cooking up a bunch of Pork later this week myself.

Enjoy!!!
#2 - January 14, 2007, 09:17:57 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

BBQCZAR

Vince,how have you and Diva been ? I havent seen you on the forum much lately.Are youdoing the Hoof and Foot in Queen Creek on the 27th ? Just wondered whats been up !
#3 - January 14, 2007, 09:19:54 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

VisionQuest220

Don't worry, Mike.  I'll have an extra helping in your honor.  With 30 lbs. of the stuff there will even be leftovers

Tim, beginning with New Year's Eve, I've been working a lot of hours.  I've had many early morning starts and late night finishes.  Hell, I didn't get home Saturday night/Sunday morning until well after 3:00am and then I still had to make the brine for the pork butts.  This is a very busy time of year for me and it won't let up until after the FBR Open which ends the first weekend in February.

Due to the volume of work, we won't be doing the Hoof and Foot competition but we do plan to attend the QN4U cooking class at the end of February.

Oh, and unless someone else has a silver/gray pickup with a Steeler's logo in the back window, I saw you on the Northbound SR51/Union Hills off ramp at the end of December.  I was bringing a client home from the airport to his residence near 16th St. and Union Hills.
#4 - January 15, 2007, 02:44:57 am

BBQCZAR

I hear you about being busy,it has been crazy here as well ! The holidays are always busy here,and until after the superbowl.I am sure that was me you saw on 51 north ramp,I live around that area so I was probably on my way home.I will be at the QN4U clasas as well,look forward to seeing everyone again !
#5 - January 15, 2007, 07:55:33 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

bearbonez

Hope you remembered to make the abt's....gotta have abt's for poker...works for playin spades too, i hear. 8)
#6 - January 15, 2007, 08:48:16 am
David "Bear" Nunley

Mike (AZBarbeque)

ABT's certainly work for playing any sort of card games...

Hey Vince, I meant to tell you, I saw the top of the line Texas Hold 'Em setup on the boat.  All the players sat at a big poker table and each had their own computer screen.  There were no real cards or dealer, it was all computer generated.  Pretty cool...  I thought of you when I saw it...
#7 - January 15, 2007, 09:02:40 am
Michael J. Reimann

VisionQuest220

The game is over and the pork wasn't the only thing that got smoked.  I was out early and ended up playing the role of Dealer for the last hour or so.  The good news was that the pork turned out better than ever.  Take a look...

[attachment deleted by admin]
#8 - January 15, 2007, 10:42:47 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Vince, that does look good....

So, who won the game???
#9 - January 16, 2007, 08:20:04 am
Michael J. Reimann

Members: