AZ Barbeque.com

Grilled pickles?

Discussion started on

Smokin_Turkey

Last night I tried something different. I have been thinking lately of grilling some pickles. Not sure if I ever heard of doing it before, so I am not sure if this is something new but I have certainly never had it before.

I first took some whole dill pickles and halved them. I them covered the inside with various rubs. One is Plowboy's Yardbird, another is weber's southwest, and a third was a season salt.

Got my weber up to searing temp and threw them on about 5 min then flipped them briefly to heat evenly. I really got to say the taste was pretty unique. I also grilled some cheddar bats which went well with the grilled pickles. I definitely will be doing these again but I will have to try some different rubs. The only one I was especially happy with was the yardbird which just happens to be good on anything.

Thanks!
#1 - June 03, 2009, 06:58:11 pm
Amature grill cook hoping to learn something.

www.HuntingdonCountyCustoms.com

World Record Holding HCC Mini Lang,
WOTS, Weber "Plat-former", WSJS,
The secret UDS project (in the works),
HCC KEG Smoker/Grill,
Superfast Green Thermapen,
HF weedburner w/ starter,
THE INVENTOR OF "PIGGLES"

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Awesome review.  That's the fun thing about BBQ, the experimenting.  Great to see a picture with it as well.

Keep trying new things on the BBQ and posting them up for us all to enjoy.  Odds are if you are thinking about BBQing it, some of our other members have wondered about it as well.

Great Job!!  ;)
#2 - June 03, 2009, 07:04:26 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

force

Now that's different........
#3 - June 03, 2009, 09:17:22 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Members: