AZ Barbeque.com

My New 22.5" WSM

Discussion started on

Mike Allison

Bought it right after the Freedom RV event through the glory of Amazon's 1-click buy feature.  Just got to fire it up this weekend.  Read some varying opinions about needing to season it before you use it.  Most of the comments suggested various combinations of chicken and bacon.  So last night I smoked a pork tenderloin wrapped in some thick cut bacon and then did a couple of chickens today.  I must say, I wasn't comfortable with not having to play with the temperature of the unit during these first trials.  I think I could hear my old stick burner weeping out in the back of the yard.
#1 - March 04, 2012, 09:34:36 pm
Attachments:
No Clue BBQ

Quiggs

Nice looking food!!  Glad ya got a new toy...the WSM's are hard to beat!!
#2 - March 04, 2012, 10:21:34 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

AzQer

Mike as you well know I love my WSM next up for you is a stoker. It is the perfect addition to any WSM. Congrats on the purchase if you got any question let me know.
#3 - March 05, 2012, 08:56:36 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

mustang

>>>>> So last night I smoked a pork tenderloin wrapped in some thick cut bacon <<<<<

Is that a picture of a bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin? 

Looks more like a pork loin muscle in the photo ...
#4 - March 05, 2012, 10:10:22 am

Mike Allison

Mike as you well know I love my WSM next up for you is a stoker. It is the perfect addition to any WSM. Congrats on the purchase if you got any question let me know.

Stoker should be here on Friday  ;D
#5 - March 06, 2012, 08:42:31 pm
No Clue BBQ

Send this topic Print

Members: