AZ Barbeque.com

Major Announcement...New Triple Crown of BBQ Details.

Discussion started on

Jaybird

It's definitely something i would like to try out. Sometimes those award cerimonies can get real hot at 3-4 in the afternoon.
#31 - April 06, 2007, 11:46:35 am

Thom Emery

And how is that a good thing, Thom?
[/quote

Well we want 50 plus teams there so that will necesitate bringing in a few from out of state
If  Joe's BBQ drives in from So Cal  or Texas  or  Bagdad he is thinking I just have to get there say Hi to the guys
Sleep and get up early and start cooking
We have to reach the whole Southwest with these to make this work
IF IF IF our other SUPER SECRECT ANNOUCEMENT Happens we will for sure need the time
#32 - April 06, 2007, 03:20:14 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, our next planning meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, May 2nd over by the 101 & Union Hills.

We would love to have your help and support with these events.  If you are interested in helping out on the planning committee, please respond back here, PM me, e-mail me or call me.

These events are going to be a blast and we are really excited about them.

YES, you can still compete in the contest and help organize and plan it, so come out and enjoy working with a great group of people.  ;)

This is a great Opportunity for the Lurkers out there who have been wanting to get more into BBQ here in AZ as well as for our members who want to really help promote BBQ here in the state.

Hope to hear from you soon.  ;)
#33 - April 25, 2007, 09:46:14 am
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 10:01:22 am by Sun Devil BBQ »
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

captnron

I just got off the phone with Randy, but the e-mail he gave to me came back undeliverable.  can you pm his cox.net address?
#34 - April 26, 2007, 03:13:31 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, the official web sites are up and running.

For the November 9th - 11th, 2007 2nd Annual Southwest International BBQ Cook-off please visit www.SWIBBQCookoff.com

For the January 25th - 27th, 2008 1st Annual Arizona BBQ & Grilling Championship of Arizona, please visit www.AZBBQChamps.com

We are now ready to start taking registrations for the November event.  Please visit http://www.swibbqcookoff.com/bbqregistration.html to sign up.  Costs are $300 before August 1st, 2007, $350 after August 1st, 2007, so get your entries in early.

I have been asked numerous times, why the Double Sanctioning of both IBCA & KCBS?  Well, the answer is simple.  We are basically having 2 seperate contests at the same time, the same place for the one entry fee and it will allow all the teams a chance to win more money and have more chances to qualify for the Jack and Royal.  It's like going to 2 seperate contests at the same time.  All the meats will be the same except the Chicken which will be half chickens for IBCA and 6 pieces for KCBS.  Also, it will be fun to see how the judging between the two different sanctioning bodies compares.  Will the same teams be top 10 in each, or will they be different?  I'm excited to find out.

Also, the GC of both automatically receives a free entry into the January Triple Crown event, so there's 2 chances for that there as well.

Please let us know if you have any specific questions for these contests, I know they are going to be great and the entire Triple Crown concept is really coming together and everyone will enjoy the new format. 

I really hope to see you all here.
#35 - May 29, 2007, 05:55:54 pm
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 06:00:32 pm by Sun Devil BBQ »
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Just a quick update.  In the 3 days since we have posted this, we have already received in 15 registrations. 

It is great being able to accept them via the online registration now.

If this is any indication on how great this event is going to be in November this year, we are in for a great contest.

Hope to see all of you out there, $20K in prizes, $$$ and Trophies, 2 contests at the same time and lots of great activities going on out there.

Our goal is 75 teams this year, so pass this on to everyone you know that might like to try out their competition BBQ skills.  We know they will have a great time.

www.SWIBBQCookoff.com
#36 - June 01, 2007, 10:27:24 am
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, don't forget to get your $$ and registration in before August 1st and save $50. 

Also, if you are interested in the Contractor's Division or the People's Choice, please make sure you sign up for that.

Hope to see you all there..
#37 - June 18, 2007, 08:57:53 pm
Michael J. Reimann

BBQCZAR

Mike,I got a question.I want to get signed up for the January comp at Rawhide,where do I do that ? I don't see any registration info for the January event.
#38 - June 24, 2007, 09:27:37 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Mike (AZBarbeque)

That is coming Tim, we should have it up and ready within the next few weeks.
#39 - June 24, 2007, 09:30:04 pm
Michael J. Reimann

BBQCZAR

Oh,ok,I just didn't know if I was missing it or not.I want to get signed up for ALL events  ;D
#40 - June 24, 2007, 09:45:29 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

VisionQuest220

He's a go-getter, that King of BBQ.
#41 - June 25, 2007, 05:28:31 am
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

ron b

let's get thru the november comp 1st you you  no sleep twin >:D >:D maybe i will cook for the jan comp in november vaccum pack it and reheat ya that's it. :o :P
#42 - June 25, 2007, 07:14:32 am
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

devil daddy

Well Ron,
If I was competing in the November Event instead of running it I would have to say that your idea sounds like a good stratigy and you should go for it! :)
DD
#43 - June 25, 2007, 07:47:44 am

Members: