AZ Barbeque.com

What does it take for us to have more (any) comps

Discussion started on

The Gym 14

Tired of travelling, tired of all, geez we have the teams here, can't we all get together and figure out how we can have more comps here?
Yea I will say it, Aaron and Mike say they are doing all they can but havent had but 2 comps here and its been what 5 - 6 months for the year. Shit I'll have one in my back yard - 10 bucks to get in and winner gets nothing but bragging rights. Probably get 25 teams since been so long since last so we can make it a state qualifier right
? It's time somebody takes charge and quit bsing on the side
#1 - June 04, 2008, 02:03:08 am
Ken Hinton

Mike (AZBarbeque)

With Gas Prices the way they are and the cost of the meats and doing a Comp, you have to have at least $3000 in Prize money to make it worth it.

Not trying to get you down, just the reality of the situations.  We would love to have more competitions here in AZ, the limiting factor is getting the sponsorship dollars to finance it.  Everything costs money, venues, infrastructure, trophies, etc.

We would love to have more of you help out with events, both planning and getting sponsors for them.  All the help is greatly appreciated...
#2 - June 04, 2008, 02:11:47 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

The Gym 14

My perspective, I am here to put out the food I like. I can honestly say I do not go to any comp and say I will have the best whatever and it is better than everyone elses. (thank god) I go there to smoke, talk shit, and meet new people, and I think that is what most of us do. The most awesome thing about my philosophy is I have met people like MIke, Vince, Bear, Rodney, Tim, and have many more to meet. If I went there for the money I obviously would be hurting. You all tell me what is the funnest or the best memories you have at competitions, gotta be meeting new people right.
#3 - June 04, 2008, 02:19:55 am
Ken Hinton

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Absolutely, my best, funnest memories at competitions are certainly meeting all the great people, both from the BBQ world as well as the public.

Now, if I ever get to the status of Vince/Alexa or Jay/Monica, then the funnest memory might have to be taking that GC walk...  But until them, it's all about the people and that is why I continue to compete and put on the competitions..  ;)
#4 - June 04, 2008, 02:48:12 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: