AZ Barbeque.com

We're headed to the 10th Annual Art of BBQ in Tulsa Oklahoma

Discussion started on

montyguitar

We are competing this weekend in Tulsa OK.  I am flying out of San Antonio and meeting James (and Susan) and we are going to head on over to Tulsa.  We are very excited as this is our first contest of the year.  There's around sixty teams competing so we are going to have to get our heads straight as soon as we get there.  We'll let you know how we did.  I will be out til Tuesday so the Smokin' Blues BBQ Rag is on autopilot for the weekend.  How are my Arizona buddies doing?  Drop me a line.  Good luck to all.
Montyguitar
#1 - July 11, 2007, 08:39:58 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Monty,

Good Luck this weekend.  Wow, 60 teams, that's a good sized event.  What's the prize pool?

Take lots of pictures and post back on how you do,  Wish we were able to do a road trip out there and join you...  ;)
#2 - July 11, 2007, 09:07:32 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

ron b

good luck!!!!!! just drove through tulsa looked like everything was stil under water crazy weather.   :-\ :-\ hope all goes good for your team.  ;)
#3 - July 12, 2007, 04:42:10 am
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

montyguitar

Hey Everyone,
Sorry it took me so long to get back.  The event was awesome.  70 teams.  We came in 28th.  If our ribs had done better (50 out of 70) we would have done very well.  We thought the ribs looked great and tasted even better.  Oh well....somedays you can hit the driver and somedays you can putt but very rarely do they both come together on the same day (at least for me).  Tulsa was great and the people were very friendly and helpful.  We got just a little bit of rain otherwise it was perfect.
#4 - July 28, 2007, 12:23:42 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Monty,  Congrats on the great job.  Your ribs might have just been a case of judges who were full from so much eating.  Heck, that's what I would blame it on.  It couldn't be my ribs, so it would have to be the judge's fault somehow.

When's your next competition?

Are you still thinking about coming out here for our November event?

Congrats once again, are you "Hooked" now?

Mike
#5 - July 28, 2007, 12:28:17 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: