AZ Barbeque.com

Unbelieveable!!!

Discussion started on

VisionQuest220

It was announced at 8:58PM tonight, just a scant 3 days before the contest, that the event in Vista, CA this weekend IS NOT a State Championship, even though the organizers posted on April 10 that it would be a State Championship.

Grab your popcorn, folks.  The fun is just beginning.

#1 - July 28, 2009, 10:11:36 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

BBQCZAR

Yeah,this is messed up ! I am PISSED-OFF  >:( I would have done Viejas instead of this one if I would have know this ! Now I have everything set,people took time off,and I have realatives in town for what,a little bit of prize money and not much else  >:( I undestand this is a 1st time event,but this is messed up BIG TIME !
#2 - July 29, 2009, 08:11:05 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Scottie

I'd get my $$ back and go to the other Cali contest...  But that's just me..  I'm a little crazy...    >:D

That does suck though...  One trick that I learned was to watch the KCBS website.  Once they get the proclamation in hand, they post it on their website...  If they don't, I usually inquire to the office.  Most of the time, it's a new organizer that deosn't realize they have to let anyone know that they have it...  Although, that would be a happy ending in this case...

Good luck with whatever you and Jay decide to do!

Scottie
#3 - July 29, 2009, 09:14:00 am
Scottie

Head Dishwasher cancersuckschicago.com

FE-100
FEC-100
Large BGE
WSM
Homer Simpson Weber Kettle

Jaybird

Lesson learned. The entry form does list this as a California State Championship so didn't think about checking on it. Didn't think I needed to. Lesson learned. >:(
#4 - July 29, 2009, 09:28:26 am

blakesbbq

i have heard that most of  the  time they dont get that till the last min. so maybe he will come threw with it. im with Scottie on this one. I want my money back so i can do a differnet contest if he dont come threw with it. Holly  :-\   cali is in bad shape  they propbley have other things on there plate. wil see  ;)   Holly
#5 - July 29, 2009, 10:05:22 am
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:07:38 am by blakesbbq »
later gator

BBQCZAR

i have heard that most of  the  time they dont get that till the last min. so maybe he will come threw with it. im with Scottie on this one. I want my money back so i can do a differnet contest if he dont come threw with it. Holly  :-\   cali is in bad shape  they propbley have other things on there plate. wil see  ;)   Holly

The only problem with that is Holly is that they have to submit it to the Govenors office awhile back so it can be in line to be looked at and given consideration.They may not have even submitted it to the Govenors office at all  >:(
#6 - July 29, 2009, 10:14:52 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I know it took us the better part of 2 years to get our Proclamation here in AZ.  I know AZ is a bit messed up about them, but it still took quite a while.

Hope you guys all get it figured out.  As a Promoter, I know we can't always be perfect and think of everything, but we do try and we always try to be as up front and answer any questions in a timely manner. 

BTW, all of our events are State Championship events provided we get the appropriate number of teams, so make sure you all have plans to be at these events.  The more support we get, the bigger these events will get and the more we will have.

Good Luck!!!
#7 - July 29, 2009, 10:20:56 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

blakesbbq

I know it takes alot to put on a contest, its not so simple, it gets alittle  stickey. If it was simple everyone would b putting on a contest. i hope it works out for this contest becuse if it dont next time he puts one on no one will sign up. lets hope for the best , if it dont wk out then  we will have to find out if we can get our money back. :-\ holly  This is his first contest to put on?
#8 - July 29, 2009, 10:34:27 am
later gator

Jaybird

If ya don't have the proclamation then don't advertise that you do. That damn simple.
#9 - July 29, 2009, 10:52:06 am

blakesbbq

i agree Jay
#10 - July 29, 2009, 11:10:12 am
later gator

Thom Emery

It has been taken care of the event is a State Championship now
Just a few calls and its done
Gots ta have more faith in the system Fellers ;D
#11 - July 29, 2009, 01:37:05 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

VisionQuest220

Thom, it's not faith in the system that matters.  It's the effort to make it happen that matters.

I spoke with the contest organizer a short time ago and he told me that getting the proclamation was something that had unfortunately fallen through the cracks but that the alert yesterday gave them enough time to get it taken care of.

I know we're all happy it's done and we can focus on the contest.
#12 - July 29, 2009, 01:49:44 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

Jaybird

Well Thom, somebody had to B!t@h about it...THEN it got done. I have faith in the person who B!t@hed.

Good to see it happen. See ya this weekend.
#13 - July 29, 2009, 02:01:31 pm
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 02:03:55 pm by Jaybird »

Thom Emery

Thom, it's not faith in the system that matters.  It's the effort to make it happen that matters.

I know we're all happy it's done and we can focus on the contest.

Promoting BBQ events is a lot like a marriage gone bad
You can remember when you loved her
But..........................

See ya all Saturday
#14 - July 29, 2009, 02:44:01 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Mrs. McFrankenboo

Promoting BBQ events is a lot like a marriage gone bad
You can remember when you loved her
But..........................

See ya all Saturday

??? ??? ???
I feel very much like the Aflac duck when Yogi Berra is talking...you just made my brain hurt Thom.
#15 - July 29, 2009, 05:29:34 pm

Members: