AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• AZBBQA Saddle Sore Cook-off: April 18, 2008 - April 19, 2008

Saddle Sore/State Championship

Discussion started on

jim

Soooo --- just how many comps is AZ having as Jack qualifiers? All we need is a Governors  proclamation and 15 teams and NM could have one to. Are you guys having a us against them contest -- very interesting
jim
#16 - April 11, 2008, 03:37:37 pm

BBQCZAR

Mike,I also think that you should come out and compete,there will be no crap going on, and I think maybe there could be some disscusion with several of us there together and get all these Them VS Us problems resolved for the good of the entire BBQ community.It is a qualifier,it has been confirmed,don't pass it up  ;)
#17 - April 11, 2008, 03:43:10 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

VisionQuest220

Soooo --- just how many comps is AZ having as Jack qualifiers? All we need is a Governors proclamation and 15 teams and NM could have one to.

If this event ends up as a qualifier, Arizona will have 6 events that will get entries into the draw.

They are:

Taylor 2007 KCBS (which ended on Sept. 1 so it fell into 2008)
Rawhide 2007 KCBS
Rawhide 2007 IBCA
Saddle Sore 2008 Unsanctioned(If there are at least 15 teams)
August Doins 2008 KCBS (Payson, AZ)
Taylor 2008 KCBS
#18 - April 11, 2008, 03:43:37 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

BBQCZAR

Soooo --- just how many comps is AZ having as Jack qualifiers? All we need is a Governors  proclamation and 15 teams and NM could have one to. Are you guys having a us against them contest -- very interesting
jim

Yes you guys could,no sanctioning needed,just a proclomation and 15 teams first year event and 25 every year after.
#19 - April 11, 2008, 03:44:36 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com

Thom Emery

Yes there are a few self sanctioned events out there
#20 - April 11, 2008, 04:34:01 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Back to a more positive note.... Good luck to everyone at this contest, it really is a great, long running competition and I'm sure you will all have a blast.  Can't wait to see who hoists the GC at this year's event since Ron will not be competing..  ;)
#21 - April 11, 2008, 09:23:09 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

BBQCZAR

Mike,you REALLY need to be competing this year,it is an ok event and AZbbq could walk with a GC and a trip to the Jack ! You could set-up by Vince and I,we will help you along  ;D
#22 - April 11, 2008, 09:26:14 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Here is the link to the official topic on AZBBQA 

http://www.azbbqa.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=67&topic=2522.0

Here is a link to the registration form..

http://www.azbbqa.net/docs/SaddleSoreCookoffApplication.pdf
#23 - April 12, 2008, 01:14:35 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I removed all the topics unrelated to just the competition for the good of BBQ.  ;)

Get signed up today and enjoy a great contest before it gets too hot to compete..

Good Luck everyone!!!  ;)
#24 - April 13, 2008, 06:19:15 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Aaron

Actually I would be interested in seeing the topics that were removed. I dont read this forum so I am not up on what has or has not been said. But, just to clear the air, Mike has never been uninvited to this event so I dont see why he needs some kind of special invite. If it is something that he wants to do then he can send in a registration just like everyone else. He did send me an E Mail asking if his team could come out and do August Doins which I have not responded to, (give me a break, I have until August) but he has never sent me an E Mail asking what I thought about him coming to Saddle Sore. If he wants to come out to Saddle Sore, thats great!! The more the better. So again, I dont understand what everyone is upset about.

If Mike wants to come out and talk turkey with me, I would be interested in hearing what he has to say.

I also have not promised that this is going to be a qualifier. I will do what I can to make it a qualifier, and from what I understand I have cleared the way, but I make no promises. This is a fun contest with lots of food, beer, poker, and friends. If it ends up being a qualifier, thats just gravy.
#25 - April 13, 2008, 10:58:46 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey Aaron, welcome back, great to have you back online here, we have missed you...

As far as coming out to the Saddle Sore event, I'm still not able to log in over there, it still tells me I'm banned, so figuring I was banned from the AZBBQA site, it would seem reasonable that I was banned from the AZBBQA Saddle Sore event.  With not hearing back from you on the August event, I didn't want to chance sending in a registration. 

I do appreciate you registering back here and posting to clarify it for me, and I will see if I can change my schedule up to be there as I think it would be good for you and I to work together and get all this behind us for the benefit of the Kids (BBQ Community). 

As of right now, I have clients flying into town on Thursday for a relocation visit and depending upon how that goes, I will try to make it out.  Had I known sooner, I would have scheduled them for a different weekend, but I will see what I can do..

Thanks Aaron...  ;)

#26 - April 13, 2008, 11:52:45 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Thom Emery

Sniff............Aint it grand?.............
#27 - April 14, 2008, 05:55:04 am
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

VisionQuest220

Aaron, I will be happy to tell you my thoughts when I see you this weekend.
#28 - April 14, 2008, 11:11:21 am
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

AzQer

Yahoo my buddy might be coming. So Mike if I am competing aganist you, can I still come over and eat all your good snacks. LOL
#29 - April 14, 2008, 04:35:53 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Mike (AZBarbeque)

;D  ;D Mark, you are always welcome at our booth, hopefully we can make it and enjoy some good eats together..  ;)
#30 - April 14, 2008, 04:55:52 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Members: