AZ Barbeque.com

Poll

Do you plan on competing in this event?

Yes
No

OFFICIAL Lake Pleasant BBQ Cook-off Topic

Discussion started on

devil daddy

We better be having a pot luck on Friday!
Ryan
#46 - September 20, 2006, 06:52:54 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Yea, we are still having the cooks pot luck on Friday and people can most certainly bring desserts to that....
#47 - September 20, 2006, 07:26:52 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

ron b

wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

devil daddy

Well that wont hurt my feelings any.
DD
#49 - September 20, 2006, 03:13:24 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, I just got back from our latest planning meeting for this event and just thought you would all like to know an interesting stat.  Currently, we have 26 teams who have sent in their registrations and $$$.  Most are forgetting to send in a signed copy of the rules, but they have them coming now. 

The interesting part is that exactly half, 13 teams, are California teams.  I didn't think this many teams would travel from California, but I guess I was wrong.  Of the 13 from Arizona, 5 are Contractor Teams and 8 are official BBQ teams.

It would be great to have a better showing from the Arizona Teams at this event, so if you are still thinking about signing up, get your registration in soon.  We still have about 6 of the larger 40X20 spaces available, but once they are gone, all that is left are the 20X20's.

We are still looking for sponsors and donations for the raffles, so if you know of anyone that might be interested in doing either, please have them contact me.

If we get to 50 teams, then the contest becomes a qualifier for the bigger invitationals.  We haven't really pushed it yet to the contractors and backyard BBQers, but we will be in the next few weeks, so we fully expect to get over 50 teams in the event.  Most of the Contractors teams though have said they will only be competing in the special contractors category, not the main one, but they are registered for both.

We have live bands scheduled, bouncies for the kids, face painting, BBQ caterers, Classic Car show, Celebrities planning on attending and lots of great raffle prizes to give away including one of our Diamond Plate Smokers valued at over $5000.

Hope to see you all out there, check out the web site www.LakePleasantBBQCookoff.com or e-mail me for more details.

Hope to see you all out there.  ;)

Mike
#50 - September 20, 2006, 10:35:09 pm
Michael J. Reimann

devil daddy

Since this event is geared toward the backyard BBQER everybody on this list should be a contestant. There is no such thing as "I don't think I am competition ready" You and I both know that people have said YOUR bbq if the best they have ever had. November 4 may just be the day that your BBQ is the best they ever had! And even if it isn't you just helped 1 out of every 166 kids born in America! That's right 1:166 is a lot of kids and they need your help. So don't be scared and enter a team! I guarantee you will have a great time and you will help more kids and families then you can possibly immagine!
DD
#51 - September 21, 2006, 07:01:36 am

Thom Emery

We have learned so much just by diving in and cooking This contest is priced right for the average guy
The one hour apart turn ins make this doable for small teams Heck in Texas you will see 1 man teams
So if you ever tought about it this is the one
#52 - September 30, 2006, 04:16:57 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

devil daddy

That is so true Thom. This event will be all about having fun in a LOW key environment. I really think the average guy has a more then 50 / 50 chance of coming out on top of atleast one catagory. ( assuming he brings his A game)
#53 - September 30, 2006, 05:46:20 pm

BBQCZAR

Thom,what are the turn in times for the food ? I have not seen that posted or discussed anywhere,or did I miss it ? I thought judging started at 11am and every 30 min there was a new food entry.
#54 - September 30, 2006, 06:07:17 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Thom Emery

IBCA Turn Ins are 1 hour apart KCBS is 30 min
In the IBCA System the winning meat will go through 3 sets of Judges
In KCBS One set of 6 judges see it
#55 - September 30, 2006, 06:43:54 pm

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Here are the current turn in times...

11:00 am - Chicken
12:30 pm - Ribs
2:00 pm - Brisket
3:00 pm - Contractor
4:00 pm - Awards
5:00 pm - Closing Ceremony...
#56 - September 30, 2006, 07:08:22 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Thom Emery

Mike Peoples is  just part of the awards?
#57 - September 30, 2006, 07:53:34 pm

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Mike (AZBarbeque)

People's choice will be done between 2:00 and 3:00 pm.
#58 - September 30, 2006, 08:41:38 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, just a few days left to register for this great event, there will be over $10,000 in prizes and money to the competitors including a Trip for 2 to Hawaii for the Grand Champion... This could be you...

Also, if you are in the construction industry, sign up for the contractor's division, that division pays off in all DeWALT Tools & Accessories, NASCAR Tickets and Home Depot Gift Certificates.  Plus DeWALT will be doing a special raffle for just those teams entered into the Contractor Division, so you don't want to miss out on that.

Hope to see you all there.  It's going to be a great, special event for a great cause.
#59 - October 13, 2006, 08:56:22 am
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, just 2 days left to register for this event.  After this, it will have to be more difficult to get you in as we have to provide all the info to the Park and the Health Inspector next Wednesday.

NOW IS THE TIME!!  If you have been waiting to register, now is the time  we need a few more teams to reach our goal of 50 and make this a qualifier.  There are some great prizes, great raffles and great activities going on out there, it's going to be a great event, make sure you are a part of it.

E-mail or PM me if you are sending your registration in so I can put you on the list, this way we have it for our meeting next week.

It's all for a great cause, the Autism Speaks Charity.  If you haven't been on the official web site, go check it out www.LakePleasantBBQCookoff.com there are some great articles and info on there as to why we are having this event.

Hope to see you all there.
#60 - October 18, 2006, 09:33:06 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Members: