AZ Barbeque.com

Looking for a competition I can scope out.

Discussion started on

Bostonshayne76

Hello fellow BBQ'ers. I am planning on competing in the out of the ashes competition in September, but my wife and I would like to go check out a competition prior to that just so we can get a feel for how it all works and so we know what to expect. Does anyone know of any competitions or cook offs we could scope out in the next month or so? Thank you in advance for any and all replies :)
#1 - June 30, 2013, 03:41:03 pm
Shane Bouchard

Tracey

Holbrook Ace in the Hole event, Its July 13th weekend. Information can be found on the KCBS.US website.
#2 - June 30, 2013, 06:37:30 pm

rgomez99 (Glazed and Confused in Gilbert)

The Ace in the Whole event is a great event, but keep in mind that that event is a KCBS event and the out of The Out of the Ashes event is a BCS event. The only real difference between the two is the turn-in times. Alot of the same teams and judges will be at both events. we look forward to seeing you in Springerville.
#3 - July 01, 2013, 04:06:33 pm
GMG Daniel Boone Pellet Smoker
GMG Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
GMG Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker

Club Ambassador
robert@azbarbecue.com

Bostonshayne76

I don't want to sound like too much of a newbie but what exactly does KCBS and BCS stand for? And how do they differ?
#4 - July 01, 2013, 06:59:24 pm
Shane Bouchard

rgomez99 (Glazed and Confused in Gilbert)

Kansas City barbecue society and Barbeque championship Series. KCBS is a national sanctioning body and BCS is sanctioning bodies primarily in Arizona and a few Southern California events. kcbs has 30 min turn in time intervals and BCS has 45 min intervals. They also have different garnish rules. These are just two of many sanctioning bodies out there. Just always look up the rules for each event before you go. Always feel free to ask questions.
#5 - July 01, 2013, 08:01:24 pm
GMG Daniel Boone Pellet Smoker
GMG Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
GMG Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker

Club Ambassador
robert@azbarbecue.com

Bostonshayne76

Thank you to all of you that replied. You have all been so helpful. We look forward to meeting many of you as the events come and go  ;D
#6 - July 03, 2013, 07:37:22 am
Shane Bouchard

Members: