AZ Barbeque.com

Grill On The Hill at Snowbird, UT

Discussion started on

VisionQuest220

Are any teams other then Otis and The Bird and Rhythm 'n QUE planning to go to Snowbird for this event June 19-20?  It is far and away the most beautiful location we've ever been to for a contest and well worth the drive.  Arlie Bragg is the contest organizer and he told me that there is still room available for more teams.  If you're looking for a cool getaway from the heat, this is a great contest to attend.
#1 - May 19, 2009, 04:10:55 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

Jaybird

This ones on my calendar for as long as they keep doin it. This is from Arlie on another forum:

Snowbird has put out lots of money and time, we should have more teams than this already entered. Another team ( Patio Daddio BBQ) emailed me today that check is going in the mail Friday. I also need vendor for bbq too! That makes 22.........Here is the list:

Team Name

Tommy's Texas BBQ
Cancersuckschicago.com
Pitmaster Barbque Company
This Little Piggy
Dragon Smoke BBQ
Hoochie-Que
Tubby's Smokin' Q
Tumbleweed BBQ Team
UPNSMOKIN
Mother of all BBQ
R and R Ribs
Fireworks
Hintze's Hog
Casual Smokers
PackerBacker BBQ
Barbeque Heaven
Black Iron Barbeque
Rhythm 'N Que
Otis and the Bird
Smokin Triggers
Big Pig Parade

This is the most beautiful place for a contest that I've seen. Hell, they're still skiing on the mountain in front of ya. Come on up and cool off....and take the tram ride to the top.
#2 - May 19, 2009, 04:34:07 pm

Crash

How far is the drive?
#3 - May 19, 2009, 05:16:08 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Jaybird

How far is the drive?

Salt Lake City, about 12 hours. But it's a nice drive. Ill probably break it up and do 8 hours on Thursday and 4 on Friday morning.
#4 - May 19, 2009, 05:20:44 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Wish he would have promoted it a bit more on here, that might have been one we tried to get to, but now we have vacation planned in early June and work commitments later that month.  Sounds like a perfect setting for a cook-off.  I will certainly have to plan for it next year.. 

Good luck to all the AZ teams going..  ;)
#5 - May 19, 2009, 06:28:35 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

VisionQuest220

Crash, of all the drives we've done to contests, this is among the easiest even though it is in the 12 hour range.  We take a route that is different from the one Jay likes to use but either one is a cake walk.  This contest is well worth the drive.

#6 - May 19, 2009, 07:34:50 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

toys4dlr

I saw the pictures from last year, and the location is stunning.  However, this event falls in the begginning of All Star training for Ryan, so it will one that we most likely miss.

#7 - May 20, 2009, 08:45:24 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Three4Que

This is a great Competition to come up for.  We'd definitely like to see more Arizona teams up here, gets you all out of the heat for a while.  It's held up one of the best canyons in the Valley. 

I'll agree with you Mike, it should have been promoted better.  Sorry you can't make it, but how about any of the rest of you?  You won't be disappointed.  This promises to be one of the BEST Competitions you'll ever go to.

Doug
#8 - May 20, 2009, 08:59:51 am
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
"Keep it low and slow"

ASU Alumni

arlieque

It was promoted good, I just didn't post here because in the past I had no luck getting teams to respond to my post and have spoke with Mike about it.  Seems with this site things are changing for the better in AZ!

So I also have a 40K contest coming up in Mesquite, NV.  If you want on the list for a app email me at:

arlieque@comcast.net

Thanks, Arlie
#9 - May 20, 2009, 09:35:59 am

BBQCZAR

I would also love to make this one,but family,bussiness,and all that crap got in the way again  :( I hope maybe next year,but time will tell.We are  definately in for the Mesquite NV comp later on this summer though. :)
#10 - May 20, 2009, 10:09:47 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Doug & Arlie, thanks for the posts and the comments.  I didn't mean to imply that you did not do a good job of promoting it.  I know that you did because I have seen it posted all over.

Please consider posting your events on here as well in the future.  I know we have a lot of Arizona teams now and I'm sure quite a few of them would have loved to come up for this event, I know I would.

We have some ideas we are working on for next year, including an AZBarbeque all star road team concept. 

Please post some pictures on here after the event and let's work together more on future events.  ;)
#11 - May 20, 2009, 11:54:59 am
Michael J. Reimann

arlieque

Will do Mike, thanks so much.
#12 - May 20, 2009, 01:49:48 pm

Scottie

I think that all-star team should come on out to the Mid-west...  I'll get you equipment!!!    ;D

Snowbird is an awesome contest Mike.  I would for sure add it to your list for next year.  Possibly the coolest area I have cooked a contest.  It even beats cooking in the Olympic oval at Lake Placid...
#13 - May 20, 2009, 02:14:36 pm
Scottie

Head Dishwasher cancersuckschicago.com

FE-100
FEC-100
Large BGE
WSM
Homer Simpson Weber Kettle

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Scottie, We are working on making it back to one of Jim's contests in Illinois as well.  I like the All Star idea and we will certainly be putting something together soon.
#14 - May 20, 2009, 05:14:17 pm
Michael J. Reimann

RangerJurena

Well, I'll have to discuss this with the wife.  As recent transplants here to 'Zona, I can tell you we think this "dry heat" sucks.  So, perhaps a weekend in June to get out of it would be enjoyable.

Assuming I'm not DAL this weekend and since I don't see any local events on the calendar it would fall right into the "itch scratching" window.
#15 - May 20, 2009, 05:33:27 pm
2 Award Winning UDS's
Pappa Charlies Barbeque

Members: