AZ Barbeque.com

Flagstaff October 23rd & 24th.

Discussion started on

Cornbred

The NAU game kicks off at 3:05. I was planning on sticking close to home Saturday and watching the smokers and football on tv. We have the College Game Plan so there is never a shortage of college ball to watch. We could throw the briskets on before the NAU game and they would be done right before you took off for PHX. If you wanted to go to the game I can keep an eye on the thermometers and we can reconvene after the game for more partying. I'm looking forward to it!
#16 - October 14, 2009, 12:55:04 pm

SmoknAZ

Um, Isn't the Brisket thing on Sunday?  I know I am good, but how could I do my brisket on Saturday night for the Sunday event if I am in Flagstaff?  What is the hotel's policy on smoked meat preparation in the rooms?

Just request a smoking room! DUH :D
#17 - October 14, 2009, 02:25:01 pm
You can't drink all day if you don't start early.

desertdog

I feel like I am being led into a scene from Deliverance... ???

#18 - October 14, 2009, 04:28:56 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

Thom Emery

If he wants to bring Tommys Pig RUN
#19 - October 14, 2009, 04:38:40 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

desertdog

If he wants to bring Tommys Pig RUN

:D

#20 - October 15, 2009, 03:32:57 pm

Crash

Count me in.  I'll even stay Friday night if Dean can get me the 4 items that I requested.
#21 - October 15, 2009, 05:51:03 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

desertdog

Peer Pressure!
#22 - October 15, 2009, 09:48:27 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, I still have one room available in Flagstaff for Friday & Saturday at $39 per night at the new Marriott Courtyard if anyone wants to come up and hang out.

Not planning on doing much other than just relaxing with the family and visiting some of our great BBQ members up there.

Let me know before Friday so I can cancel it if no one is going to join us.

Right now, its me and Crash on Friday, then my family will be joining us on Friday evening.  Plan on heading out early Sunday morning so I can get back for the Brisket comp.
#23 - October 19, 2009, 09:37:40 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AzJohnnyC

I'm heading up that way tonight. Not staying, just going up, working, and coming back. Might stop and eat at the Pita Pit, if they're still open when I'm done.
#24 - October 21, 2009, 04:42:35 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Cornbred

Hey Johnny, I just got your message from Nick. Thank you for stopping at The Pita Pit. I look forward to meeting soon at an event.
#25 - October 21, 2009, 07:48:46 pm

AzJohnnyC

Sorry I missed you Cornbred. Had a tasty pita and good service there though. I stopped in Smokehouse BBQ on Santa Fe, I think it was, and said hi and told the owner about AZBBQ. Do you know anything about that place? Anyway, see you around. Pulte?
#26 - October 21, 2009, 09:36:40 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Crash

We'll see you up there on Friday Cornbred.  I dont suppose you have a pulled pork pita available at your restaurant?
#27 - October 21, 2009, 10:30:50 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Cornbred

No unfortunately I don't. Don't think I haven't made them in the past. The whole franchise agreement stuff really puts a damper on some really great ideas. look forward to seeing y'all.
#28 - October 22, 2009, 07:47:18 am

AzQer

Mike now worries dean could make a pork butt and it will work so 12 hours isnt nothing. Sorry Dean couldnt resist, yall have fun and see ya on sunday.
#29 - October 22, 2009, 09:32:55 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Cornbred

Sorry I missed you Cornbred. Had a tasty pita and good service there though. I stopped in Smokehouse BBQ on Santa Fe, I think it was, and said hi and told the owner about AZBBQ. Do you know anything about that place? Anyway, see you around. Pulte?

I'm glad you enjoyed it Johnny. As far as the Smokehouse goes that's the only place I don't know much about. I know he had a trailer next to the Museum Club on Rt. 66 and just opened the store in the last few weeks. Yes on Putle!!! You?
#30 - October 22, 2009, 05:51:32 pm

Members: