AZ Barbeque.com

First Ever Lake Pleasant Cook-Off

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, unfortunately we ran into some logistical problems for Lake Pleasant during that time period (Mainly the no burn rule), so we are going to push back this cook-off until later in the year when we don't have those restrictions in effect.

We will however be hosting a "Meet and Greet" the second weekend of May at a local park here in town, we will be posting some details on that soon.

Thanks for all your support, and we look forward to hosting this event later this year.
#16 - April 03, 2006, 08:35:15 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

bearbonez

On the upside of that. It leaves us all with more time to let more people know about it.
#17 - April 03, 2006, 09:50:31 am
David "Bear" Nunley

dominic

Hey guys you can count me in. Works better for me, my 13 year old son has just primed the trailer and finished the water tank on my grill. Hopefully we will be ready in two weeks to bring her out! :P
#18 - April 03, 2006, 07:49:33 pm

devil daddy

Guys,
Can any of you BBQ geniuses get me information on sanctioning the cook-off?
For news We will not be able to have it in a Peoria Park due to their regulations, however I am looking at Lake Pleasant again since we moved it o November the fire restrictions should be over by then.
Devil Daddy
(34)
#19 - April 24, 2006, 09:05:11 pm

ron b

not sure who we are gonna use in taylor but here this might help   ;) ;)
 try this link    http://kcbs.us/sanctioning.jsp

or this

INTERNATIONAL BARBEQUE COOKERS ASSOCIATION

Home    Events  Rules    Membership       

Cook-Off Responsibilities  Archives   News   Links 

How to Sanction an Event

Promoter Packets are available at a cost of $20.00

Sanctioning an Event

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The International Barbecue Cooker's Association is proud to sanction your BBQ Competition Event not only in the State of Texas but in other States as well.

(Please click the diamond for your sanctioning application.)

Rules
You must use IBCA rules and Judging format. (Submit a copy of your flyer with rules to  IBCA prior to mailing out.)

You must have a qualified IBCA Head Judge to officiate your BBQ Competition.

A completed Sanctioning Application MUST be sent with $20.00(check or money order) to IBCA and received 90DAYS prior to your cook-off. We will then send you a complete new Promoter's Book and updated IBCA mailing list. (Click the diamond above for Sanctioning Application.)

A completed Form 99, Entry List and Form 105, Winner's List, with $3.00 per cook attached must be received no later than 30 days after event.

Provide hotel room and expenses for transportation to and from the event to the IBCA representative.

Thank you for your interest in IBCA to officiate the judging for your event. 

For additional information you may contact us at:   

IBCA

P O Box 300556

Arlington, TX 76007

or

ibcalynn@comcast.net

817-469-1579, fax 817-860-7755

Promoter's Packet includes procedures on how to put on a BBQ Cook-off, sample turn-in tray, mailing list, sample flyers and payout schedule, and copies of BBQ publications.   

#20 - April 25, 2006, 09:40:53 am
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 09:46:13 am by caught smokin »
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

devil daddy

Hey thanks Caught Smokin'
I appreciate the info. I keep going back and forth about sanctioning this even. After reading the rules I discovered that I would have to pay for transportation and lodging for the IBCA reps. Under normal circumstances I would not have a problem with that but this will be a charity event  raising money for Autism research and I would hate to take anything way from that goal. Do you have any sugestions that might help get me from point A to point B? If so I would be happy to read them.
Thanks again for your help and the research you provided.
Yours
Devil Daddy
(38)
#21 - April 25, 2006, 12:32:40 pm

ron b

well from a person who loves to compete but doesn't make it much out of az to do so my prefrence is 30 -50 dollar entry 2-3 catagories and total cash payback 1-3 60% 30% 10%..
u might wonna also opening it up to the chili crowd ive done some of there events and they bring a good crowd...

here's a good example and i would contact roland great guy.

Apr 8, 2006-004 - Phoenix AZ CASI. 2nd Annual Pioneer Village Chili and BBQ Cookoff. Held at Pioneer Village Ext. on North l-17 3/4 miles past the 101 freeway. CASA Pod event. Entry fee $15/$10 with peoples choice. Turn-in 1 PM. $50 BBQ entry jackpot total payout. Pork Ribs any style min. three racks. You bring them Cooking starts 6 AM to 2 PM. Top three places. Call Roland Regeon 602-277-7306 602-920-7254 mobile. Cooks meeting 9 AM. Show TBA. Event includes the Arizona State Hot Wing & Arizona State Junior Cookoff.
#22 - April 25, 2006, 01:02:17 pm
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 01:05:57 pm by caught smokin »
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

Thom Emery

I will look into IBCA santioning for the event
FYI in July I will be trained as a Head Judge by the IBCA

#23 - May 05, 2006, 02:08:11 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

devil daddy

Thom,
It was great talking to you today. Thanks for all of your input! I really hope sanctioning will work out for both of us.
Yours
Devil Daddy
#24 - May 05, 2006, 05:04:54 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Ryan (Devil Daddy) & I took a drive out to Lake Pleasant today to check out the group site we have reserved for this event as well as to take some pictures of our truck and BBQ Rig.  We were really impressed with the Group sites for this event.  There is plenty of room for probably about 50 - 100 teams as well as lots of room to park and lots of restrooms as well.

Here are some of the pictures from today..

Enjoy!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
#25 - May 05, 2006, 09:15:23 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Thom Emery

Where is the Lake?
#26 - May 06, 2006, 02:51:56 am

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

devil daddy

It is Arizona. Lake is a relative term... Just kidding this Group site is about 200 yards from the lake but about 100 feet above it so you really can't see it from the pictures. My point in shooting the pictures was to show the size of the lot so everyone can that we wont be stepping all over eachother. It actually is a very big lake with lots of water sports. The nice thing about AZ is people might be able to get in the water even in November!
Devil Daddy
#27 - May 06, 2006, 04:18:32 am

Thom Emery

What do  you have for  a stage and Judges tent? ideas ?
If its more than 15 or soTeams we will need a PA.
#28 - May 06, 2006, 07:17:56 am

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Arizona actually has more boats per capita than any other state, including California.

We are planning on having a stage, Large tent and PA system.  Don't know where we will get this yet, but it is part of the overall plan.

Here are some pictures of the lake for you all to enjoy!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
#29 - May 06, 2006, 08:09:45 am
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 08:38:11 am by Sun Devil BBQ »
Michael J. Reimann

Thom Emery

Sounds like a plan
Any entertainment lined up for the day?
#30 - May 06, 2006, 09:33:24 am

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Members: