AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• QN4U Competition Cooking Class: February 24, 2007

Feb. 23,24 2007 Competition BBQ Class with QN4U

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that both Ryan and I will be out at this class as Students as well.  So, not only are we one of the sponsors for bringing Brent & Kim from QN4U out here to help us all improve on our Competition BBQ Cooking, but we want to learn how to better our competition results as well.

Brent & Kim have a great class prepared and I know you will all learn alot from them.  There have been some people who have raised concerns that since Brent & Kim still compete, they won't teach us all their tricks.  This just is not true.  I learned a long time ago that to be truly successful, you have to be able to train someone else to be as good or better than you and I know Brent & Kim with QN4U feel this same way.  Now, they are not going to give you their exact reciepes, but I'm sure they will get you close. 

They will teach you how to work your smoker, tricks to do while cooking that will enhance your finished product.  They will teach you about preparing the food, creating a reciepe that is unique for you and one that the judges will like.  They will teach you about how to present the food to the judges.  And I'm sure they will teach us all a lot about how to cook great competition BBQ which is what they do well, very well.

I really hope to see lots of our AZBarbeque members out at this event and up on the podium this coming November at the Lake Pleasant BBQ Cook-off.  ;)
#31 - January 29, 2007, 09:22:22 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Less than 3 weeks until this class.  We have plenty of openings still left.  I know a lot of you were asking for a class like this out at Lake Pleasant and at other events we have been at.  Now is the time to sign up and make the commitment.

It is going to be a great class and you will certainly learn a lot.

Call, PM or e-mail me if you need more info or if you need a registration form.

You can arrive as early as Friday, February 23rd at Noon and stay as late as Noon on Sunday, February 25th.

We will be having a dessert pot luck on Friday night along with a bonfire and a big dinner on Saturday with all the food we cooked throughout the day.  It will be a great time to hang out with other members, talk BBQ and learn lots of great tips and ideas.

This is an AZBarbeque Sanctioned event.  It would be great to have more of our 176 members out there supporting it.  It's hard to keep organizing BBQ Events, cook-offs, classes, meet & greets if we don't have more of our members support.

We really look forward to seeing you out there.
#32 - February 05, 2007, 04:44:09 pm
Michael J. Reimann

VisionQuest220

We sent in our registration paperwork last week and we plan to have a great time at the class.

Brent & Kim's credentials speak for themselves and I think we're going to cut out years of trial and error by attending this class.  While I don't expect to learn the secrets of their success in terms of their recipes for rubs and sauces, what I do expect to learn are the techniques necessary to turn out award winning barbeque.  The technical information alone is well worth the cost of the class.
#33 - February 05, 2007, 05:18:36 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

Thom Emery

Proceeds from the class due  Western States IBCA and AZBarbeque will go to funding trophys for new Arizona Events
#34 - February 05, 2007, 10:03:34 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

simons

Sounds like a great class.  Wish I could be there.  1447 miles is a bit far.  If you are ever in Centralia wa.  look me up.  I will show you how to do it in the rain.

Jeff Simons
#35 - February 08, 2007, 06:00:24 am

Thom Emery

The Western Association has classes coming up soon in the North West
#36 - February 08, 2007, 07:12:08 am

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Mike (AZBarbeque)

BBQing in the Rain... Now there is some BBQ Dedication for you.

Hope to see you on here more Simons, we would love to see some pictures of BBQ from the Great Northwest.  :D

Hope you enjoy the site and the Chat...

So, are you a Husky fan, or a Cougar fan?
#37 - February 08, 2007, 08:29:32 am
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

What is everyone planning on doing for overnight arrangements during the class?

Do you have an RV you are bringing or renting or are you just going to Tent it?  Is anyone planning on going home at night and coming back in the morning?

Just curious.
#38 - February 10, 2007, 04:07:58 pm
Michael J. Reimann

VisionQuest220

We're bringing out all of our gear in a box truck and we plan to use that as our shelter for sleep.  We'll blow up a few air mattresses and break out the sleeping bags.

Good times.
#39 - February 10, 2007, 07:55:38 pm

Thom Emery

F250 if I am by myself RV if Kathy is with me
#40 - February 11, 2007, 10:54:14 am

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

BBQCZAR

If we are doing a dinner Saterday of all the food we cooked ,then is everyone staying until sunday morning ? I am staying till sunday,too much stuff to unpack,se-up,etc. for just overnight.
#41 - February 11, 2007, 01:30:08 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I am planning on getting there on Friday about Noon and staying until Sunday about Noon.  The family will be coming up on Saturday evening for dinner, but they are not going to be staying the entire time.

Looks Like I will be tenting it as well, but I am really looking forward to it, I'm sure it's going to be a blast.
#42 - February 11, 2007, 01:38:42 pm
Michael J. Reimann

VisionQuest220

Does anyone, (perhaps those in the organizational positions), know what the schedule for the weekend will be?  I'm making the assumption that there will be instruction on Friday and then cooking will begin thereafter, most likely in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

I'd love to know the agenda so that we can plan our cooking schedule accordingly.
#43 - February 11, 2007, 02:36:42 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I'll let Thom answer this one as he is the one arranging all of that.
#44 - February 11, 2007, 02:40:33 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Thom Emery

Brent and Kim have a plan so is would be best for me to have them post up in here I will call them
#45 - February 11, 2007, 03:23:45 pm

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Members: