AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• BBQ Boot Camp w/ Chris Marks: June 20, 2009 - June 21, 2009

BBQ Boot Camp with Chris Marks presented by BBQ Island This Weekend..

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Johnny, great to hear you enjoyed the classes.  Wish I could have been out there today.  Can't wait to see the pictures.

Good to hear about the shirt, glad you liked it.. Looking forward to seeing you wearing it out at future events..  ;)
#31 - June 21, 2009, 01:39:33 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

desertdog

Yeah, wish I could have been out there for Day 2 as well.  Gotta get my practice cooks in before my next comp coming up in July, though.  I can attest to the fact that these classes help bring up your game.  Glad to hear that you got a lot out of it, Johnny.  I look forward to seeing you at the next competition!

#32 - June 21, 2009, 02:30:41 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

AzJohnnyC

Some pictures from day two.

Chris Marks injecting the pork butts.

Chris prepping the pork butts with yellow mustard and rub.

The butts going on the Open Range

The briskets are almost ready to be wrapped!

Chris wrapping the brisket with celophane and later, foil.

The unwrapping of the brisket

Sampling the pulled pork...mmmmmm....

Lunchtime!  Kiltlifters courtesy of Jim from Four Peaks...thanks, Jim!

#33 - June 21, 2009, 06:45:21 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

AzQer

Nice Pics thanks for that. it looks like you all had a great class wish we could have made it up there.
#34 - June 21, 2009, 08:05:01 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Crash

Thanks for the sweet pictures Johnny.  It was nice to meet you out at the class yesterday.
#35 - June 21, 2009, 08:21:22 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Great looking pictures, sure looks like Lunch was a hit.  Wish I could have been there today.  Hope you all enjoyed it and we look forward to seeing you all on here more as well as out at some of our great events coming up.  ;)
#36 - June 21, 2009, 08:27:29 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

BBQ ISLAND

The BBQ Boot Camp was a Great Time & Success. Thank you to all who attended. From Beginners to Comp guys I think everyone picked up on some great Smoking Tips from the man Chris Marks. Thanks to Mike from AZ BBQ and showing support for our event, I think we got a few new members for ya.We maxed out our class and had a great time. Chris said we had enough food for 100 but ate everything. Mike, you missed out on the brisket, it was amazing. Also letting everyone know there is a 150 Rebate on the Open Range and 250. If you would like to try out the Open Range or The marshall, take one for a week and give it a try. It did not matter if you had a WSM or a Fast Eddy, we made believers out of a lot of people this weekend on The Good One Product. Thanks again to all who came to our event it was a great time and Especially Chris and Tammy for making the trip out to do this class we are looking forward to having you back in December when we do our BBQ Festival again.

Mike West
Shelton Steele
#37 - June 22, 2009, 03:51:47 pm
BBQ ISLAND

AzJohnnyC

Thanks for the sweet pictures Johnny.  It was nice to meet you out at the class yesterday.

Nice to meet you too, Crash.  I think you were the only one Mike referred to by your online "handle".  He introduced me to others, but only by first names, so I don't know if there was anyone else from AZBBQ there.  Cool to hear about your smoke for your friend's bachelor party.  All I got was my brothers-in-law taking me to Hooters and indoor kart racing.  Not that I'm complaining about Hooters.
#38 - June 22, 2009, 07:39:46 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

AzJohnnyC

Also, I thought I'd add that I sampled some of D-Dog's Cranberry Chipotle sauce at the event.  Yum.  It was the good blend of spicy and sweet that I look for.  Spice is nice, but the sweetness really complements it, and the ratio was just right.  I'll be picking some up soon at BBQ Island.
#39 - June 22, 2009, 07:46:07 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Members: