AZ Barbeque.com

Best Dam BBQ Boulder city NV.Thread

Discussion started on

mcfrankenboo

It's a little warm here but partly cloudy and breezy so if we're in the shade it's not too bad!  Seamus is chillin' in his pen under a shady tree enjoying the grass and I'm enjoying a nice cold adult beverage...don't judge me.  There are quite a few people here already set up so here's to AZ kickin' some BBQ butt!
#76 - May 22, 2009, 11:14:43 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Any news or update on this event yet?
#77 - May 23, 2009, 06:36:45 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Thom Emery

Jim called Mike Blake GC BLQUE RGC
#78 - May 23, 2009, 06:37:30 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Crash

#79 - May 23, 2009, 06:52:42 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Mike (AZBarbeque)

WOW, 96% CBJ, that's pretty good.

Congrats to all the teams that walked.  Seemed like scores were all over the place out there.  Wonder if weather was a factor.

Congrats to Mike Blake and Blake's BBQ for GC and to BLQUE for RGC.  Way to go...

Great job everyone.  Travel safely home..  ;)
#80 - May 23, 2009, 10:02:31 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

azkitch

WOW! Nice showing, Arizona! Thank you all for representing our state and this group so well. Blakes GC--FANTASTIC! Congrats to Wes for a 5th overall and 5th in brisket--Texans and their cows, huh? McFrankenboos first in ribs! Impressive! R'n'Q knows what to do with chick'n! AZ Quers ROCK!
#81 - May 23, 2009, 11:22:31 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

toys4dlr

I don't think the weather was too much of an issue, it did rain a little Friday night/Sat morning (around midnite or so) but it blew over fast.  They had a CBJ class the Thursday before, might account for the strange numbers. 

I got a comment card that say Sauce looks gloopy, chicken lacked flavor, but the same judge gave me a 7 in appearance, 7 in taste and a 9 in texure and I had 3rd place chcken overall??? 

It was a fun event and AZ was well represented with several walks and of course Mike and Holly with the GC.

Congrats to all that cooked and walked.

#82 - May 24, 2009, 05:29:06 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

RangerJurena

WOW! Nice showing, Arizona! Thank you all for representing our state and this group so well. Blakes GC--FANTASTIC! Congrats to Wes for a 5th overall and 5th in brisket--Texans and their cows, huh? McFrankenboos first in ribs! Impressive! R'n'Q knows what to do with chick'n! AZ Quers ROCK!

Actually 15th Overall.  Dave and Toys4, were 5th.  It was a strong showing by those of us from AZ that made the journey. 

As a rookie competitor I have to say this was a great event with a large turn out by the local population.  There is a nice park around the site and the local watering holes are within walking distance.....or so I've heard.

Great job by Rythm N Que and Mcfrankenboo on thier 1st place walks. Great job by Toys4 with two 3rd place walks,  And Blakes took a 1st and of course the GC, great job.

Thanks to Dean for showing me how to create the boxes here in my first KCBS event.

For some reason, I received no comment cards which I think would have been nice to have. I sure thought my pork was the best I've ever done, but the scores certainly don't reflect it.  I knew the ribs sucked and thought my brisket was decent. Time to change the chicken profile..

I'll post a review of the Pro Q in the that section later and the UDS, was as always, money.  This time literally.
#83 - May 24, 2009, 06:53:56 pm
2 Award Winning UDS's
Pappa Charlies Barbeque

DivaHerself

*singsong*
Blakes are going to Lynchburg!  Blakes are going to Lynchburg!

Congratulation on another well-deserved win -- and AUTOMATIC TO THE
 JACK, baybee!!!!!!!! 

Just to mix things up, we had a blend of the last two years -- a quick thunderboomer and rain on Friday night (you never saw six WSMs move under a canopy so fast), then broiling heat on Saturday. 

This contest once again pointed up the difference between a high CBJ %, and a high percentage of experienced CBJs.  We were all cracking up over the comment cards afterward -- nearly all contained some contradiction that was just a lot funnier after a couple of beers.  Our card for ribs noted that they were "Overcooked, meat fell off the bone. Also a little tough."  You know we have got to have some amazing rib mojo to cook fall-off-the-bone ribs that you can crack a molar on!!!
#84 - May 25, 2009, 08:58:48 am
Things you ONLY hear at a BBQ competition:
BBQCzar: "Hey, your butt's looking really good!"
VQ: "Thanks, I've been working on it."

VisionQuest220

Congrats to Mike & Holly for they're great performance!  You two had a great cook and really deserved the win.  Oh, and that invitation to Lynchburg ain't too bad either!!!  Great job!

Arizona teams ruled the day taking 8 of the top 11 Overall spots at this contest.  In addition to Blake's BBQ as GC, our state had:

3rd - Smokin' Goatheads - Lake Havasu
5th - Toys 4 BBQ'N - Anthem
6th - Rhythm 'n QUE - Phoenix
7th - BBQ Bullies - Phoenix
9th - One Smoke Over The Line - Phoenix
10th - Otis And The Bird - Mesa
11th - McFrankenboo BBQ - Glendale

Not too shabby!
#85 - May 25, 2009, 09:56:00 am
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

mcfrankenboo

*singsong*
Blakes are going to Lynchburg!  Blakes are going to Lynchburg!

Congratulation on another well-deserved win -- and AUTOMATIC TO THE
 JACK, baybee!!!!!!!! 

Just to mix things up, we had a blend of the last two years -- a quick thunderboomer and rain on Friday night (you never saw six WSMs move under a canopy so fast), then broiling heat on Saturday. 

This contest once again pointed up the difference between a high CBJ %, and a high percentage of experienced CBJs.  We were all cracking up over the comment cards afterward -- nearly all contained some contradiction that was just a lot funnier after a couple of beers.  Our card for ribs noted that they were "Overcooked, meat fell off the bone. Also a little tough."  You know we have got to have some amazing rib mojo to cook fall-off-the-bone ribs that you can crack a molar on!!!

Yea the comment cards were great, I had "dry but mushy pork"... Good times.

Gongrats to all the AZ teams, everyond did really well, and I know Mike will repersent well at the Jack
#86 - May 25, 2009, 10:57:29 am

azkitch

Actually 15th Overall.  Dave and Toys4, were 5th.  It was a strong showing by those of us from AZ that made the journey. 

As a rookie competitor I have to say this was a great event with a large turn out by the local population.  There is a nice park around the site and the local watering holes are within walking distance.....or so I've heard.

Great job by Rythm N Que and Mcfrankenboo on thier 1st place walks. Great job by Toys4 with two 3rd place walks,  And Blakes took a 1st and of course the GC, great job.

Thanks to Dean for showing me how to create the boxes here in my first KCBS event.

For some reason, I received no comment cards which I think would have been nice to have. I sure thought my pork was the best I've ever done, but the scores certainly don't reflect it.  I knew the ribs sucked and thought my brisket was decent. Time to change the chicken profile..

I'll post a review of the Pro Q in the that section later and the UDS, was as always, money.  This time literally.

Them meds again! I remember wanting to send congrats specifically to Dave and family...I dropped the ball...Congrats, Dave! Awesome showing!
There. I feel better. Now I put ribs on...
kitch
#87 - May 25, 2009, 12:17:43 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

blakesbbq

Thanks everyone we had a blast . we cant wait to go to lynchburg ! I also had comment cards on my ribs first one said overdone and spicy the second said  undercooked and too sweet . so go figure . thanks again . mike and holly
#88 - June 02, 2009, 08:08:27 am
later gator

force

well done
#89 - June 02, 2009, 09:53:33 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Kris

My brother sent me this link that he stumbled across recently:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/may/22/cooks-fire-smokers-boulder-city-barbecue-contest/

#90 - June 19, 2009, 08:44:08 am

Members: