AZ Barbeque.com

Best Dam BBQ Boulder city NV.Thread

Discussion started on

Jaybird

I'll drink to that!!!! ;D
#31 - May 18, 2009, 10:25:26 am

desertdog

OK, this is for all who are attending this event...we are going to party like it's 1999 at the McFrankenboo Pub!! 

Saturday is actually my 10 year anniversary of graduating from college so I am celebrating like I did back then (maybe not like then because my tolerance has suffered considerably in my old age and I am hoping that it won't be pouring rain like it did on my graduation day!).  I'm a dork, I know, but any excuse to have a gathering!  ;D  Bring a chair, whatever you want to drink and some snacks and we'll have Happy Hour at the Pub!  We're trying to figure out how to bring the Wii so can have some entertainment but come and play either way!  It will be after the awards ceremony so you can come and stare in amazement at our GC AND RGC trophies because we're just that good (HA!).  Seriously though, come and play and enjoy Arizona sweeping the event!!  See you all this weekend!

Chika Chika Yeeeeaaaahhh!  Two questions....what color was the rain on graduation day, and is Jim going to dress up like Prince?   

#32 - May 18, 2009, 10:59:59 am
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

Mrs. McFrankenboo

OK, this is for all who are attending this event...we are going to party like it's 1999 at the McFrankenboo Pub!! 

Saturday is actually my 10 year anniversary of graduating from college so I am celebrating like I did back then (maybe not like then because my tolerance has suffered considerably in my old age and I am hoping that it won't be pouring rain like it did on my graduation day!).  I'm a dork, I know, but any excuse to have a gathering!  ;D  Bring a chair, whatever you want to drink and some snacks and we'll have Happy Hour at the Pub!  We're trying to figure out how to bring the Wii so can have some entertainment but come and play either way!  It will be after the awards ceremony so you can come and stare in amazement at our GC AND RGC trophies because we're just that good (HA!).  Seriously though, come and play and enjoy Arizona sweeping the event!!  See you all this weekend!

Chika Chika Yeeeeaaaahhh!  Two questions....what color was the rain on graduation day, and is Jim going to dress up like Prince?   

Ha ha!  Can you see Jim with assless pants!  Ha!  It did pour rain though and I was in between two girls with umbrellas so the rain all went right off of the umbrellas into my lap!  My dad said my cap made me look like I was the Flying Nun the way it was warped from the rain.  Yup, great day in the life of Erin Hagenbuch! 

We just set the Wii up and it will work just fine, so we might have to have a tournament  ;D
#33 - May 18, 2009, 11:23:33 am

desertdog

Ha ha!  Can you see Jim with assless pants!  Ha! 

:-[ :-X

Chris Bell is going to be playing both Friday and Saturday nights at the Backstop Sports Pub......Kick Ass Blues.   http://www.myspace.com/chrisbellblues

Will have to wander over there at some point.

#34 - May 18, 2009, 11:30:56 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Have fun out there this weekend everyone, my plans changed and unfortunately, once again, I will not be making it out there.

Sounds like a fun party Erin, I still don't know where us Arizona teams get this whole "Party" reputation..  ;D

Good luck to everyone, travel safely and bring home some great hardware..  ;)
#35 - May 18, 2009, 12:04:23 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

toys4dlr

What they are trying to figure out, is why teams in the midle of a desert are cooking up some of the best BBQ around??? 

We will track you guys down, as we are leaving Friday morning. 
#36 - May 18, 2009, 12:10:02 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

AzQer

Good luck all bring it home
#37 - May 18, 2009, 12:24:23 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

smokewagonbbq

I spoke to Phil from the Meat market in Boulder today and he has alot of meat for the event.  He will get it ready for you if you call him.

He has brisket for $1.99 for choice and pork butt for $1.79.  I didn't ask about ribs, but I asked about thighs and all he carries is boneless. 

The number is 702.293.4213.  I told him to jump on here and post, but I haven't seen him yet.  he is located right across the street from the event.
#38 - May 18, 2009, 07:16:27 pm
Smoke Wagon Bar-B-Que, LLC
Fire Up the Pit...

RangerJurena

Ha ha!  Can you see Jim with assless pants!  Ha! 

:-[ :-X

Chris Bell is going to be playing both Friday and Saturday nights at the Backstop Sports Pub......Kick Ass Blues.   http://www.myspace.com/chrisbellblues

Will have to wander over there at some point.

How far of a wander is this?  Will I need a compass?  I've been known to enjoy the blues..
#39 - May 18, 2009, 08:37:18 pm
2 Award Winning UDS's
Pappa Charlies Barbeque

desertdog

Less than 5 minutes walk.  It is a fun bar with lots of locals....had quite a time there last year...
#40 - May 18, 2009, 08:43:30 pm

Mrs. McFrankenboo

I was looking at the pictures from this event last year and was wondering, since there is no people's choice/sampling, do we still decorate the booth?  If I don't have to bring all the stuff, I don't want to!
#41 - May 19, 2009, 07:26:03 am

toys4dlr

Last year, we did not decorate the booth, we were too busy looking for shelter from the hail.  ;D  we are not taking a lot of our stuff, as we are not doing any vending or PC. 

#42 - May 19, 2009, 08:14:38 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

desertdog

List of participating teams from the Best Damn website as of this morning.

BBQ Bullies

BBQ Magic

One Smoke Over the Line

Otis and the Bird BBQ Team

Rhythm 'n QUE

Toys 4 BBQ'N

All Hogs Go To Heaven

Harrell & Drew Barbeque

Sin City Smokers

The BBQ Nerds

Smokin' Hot Sistahs

The BBQ Nerds

Smoke Wagon BBQ

Las Vegas Roasters

BLQUE Cuttin' Edge QN

BBQ and More Catering

Karnivorous

Casual Smokers

Hot Iron BBQ

McFrankenboo BBQ

Great Basin Cooking Co

Cecil's Smokin' BBQ

Big Pig BBQ

Montana Bar-BQ Co

Blake's BBQ

Huggins & Huggins BBQ and Chili Company

Smokin' Dead Meat BBQ

Papa's Smokehouse BBQ

Pope's Backyard BBQ

Pappa Charlies BBQ

Fast Eddie's

Whiskey Ranch BBQ

Smoked to the Bone

Old Volks BBQ Team
#43 - May 19, 2009, 08:42:01 am

BBQCZAR

We also are traveling light this year,no booth decorations at all.The weather is on track again for this year like last year I think  :( The low pressure system off Ca. should start moving east by later wed or thurs. and it will increase chances of rain in the southwest.Oh well rain,hail,and high winds never hurt anyone,well,ok,maybe they did,just ask Dorathy,and ToTo   ;D
#44 - May 19, 2009, 08:53:44 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Jaybird

We also are traveling light this year,no booth decorations at all.The weather is on track again for this year like last year I think  :( The low pressure system off Ca. should start moving east by later wed or thurs. and it will increase chances of rain in the southwest.Oh well rain,hail,and high winds never hurt anyone,well,ok,maybe they did,just ask Dorathy,and ToTo   ;D

I think last years weather was good luck. Whatta you think Tim? ;D
#45 - May 19, 2009, 09:03:55 am

Members: