AZ Barbeque.com

Poll

Who is planning on attending and helping out for this Fundraiser?

Yes, I will be there to help
No, I can not make it.

Benefit Volunteers needed

Discussion started on

bearbonez

I have a sad story to relay. On Wednesday, the day of the storm, I had a bad story told to me by my wife.
A friend of my wife's boss had gone outside, when she was out in the shed, the propane next to the house exploded and destroyed the house, It killed her 2 year and 4 year old children. Her Boyfriend (long time) ran into the house to try and save the children and lost his life in the attempt. She is left with nothing to take of her 2 boyfriends children who we're at school during the tragic event.
 This evening I found out the woman is Dan's sister. Those who we're here for the house warming shin dig have met Dan. He is the foreman who built my house.

I asked Cindy to talk with her boss and seewhat we could do for some type of benefit event and that I would volunteer my smoker.
 If I could get some volunteers to come up with cookers if possible, I am thinking we could sell tickets for people to sample bbq ( avoid catering health dept restrictions as I dont have a certified kitchen to use).
 Any thoughts, ideas, and volunteers welcome. I am thinking early January for this.
 If you can help, please send me a PM.
#1 - December 02, 2006, 06:03:10 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

bearbonez

I will be checking with Wally World, Safeway and eddie's country store to donate some chicken or brats or something like that. Along with napkins, paper plates and plastic forks.
 Also I found out that one of the steak houses is lending thier property for a benefit auction.
#2 - December 03, 2006, 07:49:00 am
David "Bear" Nunley

Mike (AZBarbeque)

OH my God, how terrible... I am at a loss for words Bear. 

What are your thoughts on this benefit?  When, where, how many, etc.
#3 - December 03, 2006, 08:02:06 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

BBQCZAR

Oh man Bear !!! I am truly sorry,that is awful,especially at this time of year.Like Mike said,let us know details of when and where you would be able to get something together and Teresa and  I would be more than willing to help if we can.Sorry for the loss,what a tragedy.                             
#4 - December 03, 2006, 01:10:51 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

bearbonez

Wanting to hear a definate answer from Bare Tree Furniture for use of thier lot, I am going to check with the floor store as well.
I am thinking that I can probably get the local stores to donate meat (brats and chicken) buns, prepared sides, etc.
 With this month being pretty much booked solid for everyone, I am thinking the week after new years would be a good time for this. I will keep posted as I get more figured out.

http://www.wmicentral.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17534292&BRD=2264&PAG=461&dept_id=505965&rfi=6
#5 - December 04, 2006, 07:35:38 am
David "Bear" Nunley

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Wow Bear, terrible news.  Keep us informed.  We will certainly keep Dana and the two other children in our prayers this time of year.
#6 - December 04, 2006, 07:43:39 am
Michael J. Reimann

bearbonez

The day for the benefit bbq will be Jan 6th at the floor store parking lot. Will keep posting as I make progress and have new info regarding details.
#7 - December 04, 2006, 10:27:32 am
David "Bear" Nunley

Bearess

Thanks to all of you=)

ART the owner of Reality homes is paying for grief councelling for both Dan and Dana, lots of people are pulling together to help the survivors out. The charity auction at Chuckwagon steak house will be dec 30th and will be to help defray funeral costs, and the remainder will go into a trust fund for his surviving child.

Janine, who you met if you were at our house warming is finding a place for them to live cheaply, and getting appliances and furniture donated, a couch and love seat, a stove and fridge for now.

If it is possible for any of you to bring up smokers and chill with us on the 6th (LITERALLY!!! it WILL be cold) whatever we can produce will be an additional blessing for the remaining family =) do any of you have experience with this kind of fund raiser ? (impromteiu) and know if we need to get permits or anything special to allow us to do this without getting shut down? any advertising ideas? any heads up and assistance in getting it done right will be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks you buncha wonderful people, I know we can do SOMETHING=) I just know it will be successful too!
#8 - December 04, 2006, 11:33:28 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Cindy,

The best way to do it is to not sell food.  The way we have done it in the past is that for a donation of say $10 - $15 they will get a plate of BBQ Food as a "Thank You".

Wish we could do more, this is such a sad event, especially this time of year.
#9 - December 04, 2006, 12:04:42 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Bearess

Thanks Mike =) we have had 2 stores now wanting us (AZBBQ) doing this in their lots! nothing like being wanted=) the tickest will be sold in the stores, and salvation army donation slips used we think. Bear thinks its too much to divide us up, the stores were hoping to get people trying both locations....mebbe cooking different things, depending on what we can get donated. I suppose it also depends on how many volounteer for this, no small thing.

We will have to post a poll as it gets closer to determine who all can participate, and a plan of action, we can get local radio support...no problem =)
#10 - December 06, 2006, 06:22:33 pm

Bearess

Benefit for Dana Christensen
January 6th 2006
AZ Barbeque.com members from
all over the state will be
smokin up some great vittles!
check us out at
AZBarbeque.com!
RIGHT HERE!
come join us and donate for
a taste of some our award
winning smoked fares!
donations will be taken in store, and Deductable tax donation slips given for each cash donation..
the proceeds will be given to the Christensen family's Benefit broker of choice for distribution.
any donations of meats and
serving plates (etc) will be welcomed, please log on to AZBarbeque.com
and link from forums to upcoming events!
Thank you for your support!

~~~~

Hows that?

do we have anyone coming? can we post this? anysuggestions?

Thanks!!
Ess / Cindy
#11 - December 07, 2006, 01:46:46 pm

Bearess

PS!
when I say *post this* I mean on the windows of the merchants who have voiced a desire to have us in their parking lots...lol

we want to move forward with planning. Bear tree will provide the tents if we need them, and also the donation slips and raido spots, the Floor store will also gladly host us in their parking lot wich also contains many other stores.
Mike, can we post a poll please? how can we get more responses do you think?

Thanks!
Cindy

[attachment deleted by admin]
#12 - December 07, 2006, 01:50:36 pm

Bearess

or this! hehehe

[attachment deleted by admin]
#13 - December 07, 2006, 02:13:23 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Nice job Cindy, I like it alot.

I have posted the poll up top and I have sent out an e-mail to all of our members.  We do have some great members on here and I'm sure they will all step up to help in whatever way they can.

What do we need:

Food - What type?  (Pulled Pork, Ribs, Chicken, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Brats?... What should our menu be?)
BBQ's
Charcoal
Wood
Tents
Tables
Condiments
Napkins
Plates
Buns
Drinks

Who can supply what, who can come up and help with cooking, serving, taking donations, etc???

Please try to arrange it that you can make this event, it would be a great time to show that AZBarbeque is more than just competition BBQ or Tailgate parties.

Thanks in advance, we do greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Mike

P.S. - Cindy, you will be the AZBarbeque Team leader on this event as you are closest to it from many different perspectives.  Just let us know what you need.

#14 - December 07, 2006, 02:22:26 pm
Michael J. Reimann

GEMS

Is  there an address or bank we can make donations to???     As soon as one is set up  it should be posted ASAP      We can't come or volunteer, but we would love to  donate money.    Mark and Gloria
#15 - December 07, 2006, 03:23:13 pm

Members: