AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• Autism Walk for Research: April 08, 2006

Autism Walk for Research

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Dear Friends and Family,

The National Alliance for Autism Research (NAAR) is getting ready for its annual signature event, Walk F.A.R. for NAAR, which is a Walk for Autism Research. I am planning to be a part of that Walk and I am asking you to join me in raising critically-needed funds for autism research by making a contribution in support of my Walk.

Autism is a complex brain disorder that often inhibits a person's ability to communicate, respond to surroundings, or form relationships with others. First identified more than 50 years ago, autism is typically diagnosed by the age of two or three. Autism affects people of all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.

Few disorders are as devastating to a child and his or her family. While some people with autism are mildly affected, most people with the condition will require lifelong supervision and care and have significant language impairments. Many children with autism will never be able to tell their parents they love them.

Currently, the causes of autism are unknown and there are no specific medical treatments or cure. Physicians have no blood test or scan that can definitively diagnose the disorder. As such, the diagnosis of autism is based solely upon observations of behavior. Despite increasing national interest and high prevalence, autism research is one of the lowest funded areas of medical research by both public and private sources.

Whatever you can give will help! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

Sincerely,

Michael Reimann

Click here to get to my personal page and make a secure, online donation. http://www.autismwalk.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1191&px=1066101

To send a donation:

You may make a check payable to NAAR and mail your check to me:
Michael Reimann
13300 E. Via Linda
Scottsdale, AZ, 85259-4347
#1 - January 19, 2006, 08:38:27 pm
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 08:42:20 pm by Sun Devil BBQ »
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mike (AZBarbeque)

AZBarbeque has signed on to help raise money for this event.  Any donation, either of time or money, or even both would be greatly appreciated.

One of the founders of this wonderful web site and BBQ Business has a daughter who has Autism, she is an amazing little girl, and for us to be involved with raising money to assist this organization in research to help find a cure is an honor.

Thank you as always for your support.

Regards,

AZBarbeque Team
#2 - January 19, 2006, 08:42:09 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, the Phoenix Coyotes have graciously donated 200 tickets to this Sunday's game against the San Jose Sharks (February 12th, 2006).  The game is at 6 pm, so we will meet up at 5 pm to give out the tickets.

The Autism foundation is asking for a donation of $10 per Adult and $5 per child for these tickets, less than the face value of the tickets.

Please respond and let me know A.S.A.P. so we can get a head count to the Coyotes.

It should be a great game.  Hope to see you there.
#3 - February 08, 2006, 07:35:27 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

The Coyotes are again hosting the Autism charity drive.  This time, you will have to purchase the tickets directly from the Phoenix Coyotes.

For more information, check out this link http://www.autismwalk.org/site/DocServer/Walk_for_Autism_-_3_23_06__3_.pdf?docID=8761&JServSessionIdr010=zro28utsx1.app1a

Come Join us as the Phoenix Coyotes battle the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday, March 23rd, 2006 at 7 p.m.

For only $20, you can enjoy a great night of Hockey, while a portion of your ticket will be donated to the "Walk for Autism Research" held on April 8th, 2006.

Please join your fellow members of the community and support this great cause.
#4 - March 06, 2006, 07:48:23 am
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, this game is coming up quick.  If you are interested in going, please check out the link below.

If you are planning on going, please let us know as we might plan a mini tailgate prior to the game.  Depends upon how many people we get to go.

Hope to see you there, it is for a great cause...

http://www.azbarbeque.com/smf/index.php?action=post;topic=74.0;num_replies=3
#5 - March 14, 2006, 05:00:30 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, just a week left until the walk.  If you were planning on donating or joining us for the walk, now is the time to commit.  AZBarbeque will be out there cooking for the volunteers and the walkers from our team.  Come join us for a great cause and a great walk.

Hope to see you all there.
#6 - March 30, 2006, 06:02:07 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Members: