AZ Barbeque.com

Arizona Triple Crown

Discussion started on

VisionQuest220

Where does one go to find the explanation on how the Arizona Triple Crown points system works?

I think we all need to understand how it works if these upcoming events are going to count toward the total.

And what about Rawhide?  Did that event count?  What is the time period that this race covers?

Lots of questions.
#1 - January 13, 2008, 04:15:32 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Good questions Vince, I was going to put something out there in the next day or so, but here is how it is going to work.

The points system started fresh this year and will run through the end of December.

Here are some of the basics on how it will work.  I will get something official posted this week.

Every team that competes in a minimum of 2 of the Official Triple Crown of BBQ events will be eligible for Arizona Triple Crown of BBQ Team of the Years points and rewards.

The way the points system will work is that if 10 teams compete in an event, the 1st place team will receive 10 points and the last place team will receive 1 point.

Here are the official events that I know of right now.

January 26th - 27th - Pulte Balloon & BBQ Festival
February 29th - March 1st - Avondale A$$ Kickin BBQ Throw down.
April - Rib & Chicken cook-off in the works
September - Tailgate Cook-off at ASU
October - Big BBQ Cook-off in the works

And we are actively working on several other events that we will announce soon.

One of the things we are doing with the People's choice this year is that part of the 50/50 split that we keep will go toward awards, trophies, prizes and $$$ at the end of the year, so this could potentially be quite a bit of money.

The top 10 at the end of the year will also be nominated for the National BBQ Best of the Best contest back in Georgia.

#2 - January 13, 2008, 07:26:08 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

VisionQuest220

Thanks for the info.

Hey, just a note about a possible October comp:  October is when both the American Royal (Oct. 3 - 5) and the Jack Daniels (Oct. 24 - 26) as well as Viejas (Oct. 17 - 18) near San Diego.  You might want to consider going back to November so that it won't conflict with any of those.

Just a suggestion.
#3 - January 13, 2008, 09:32:45 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Thanks Vince for that info, we have not locked down the dates for that one yet, so it very well might get pushed back into November..
#4 - January 13, 2008, 11:35:41 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

VisionQuest220

You're welcome.  I figured you knew about the Jack and Royal dates but Viejas might have slipped by.  It is a big money contest and not one to miss.
#5 - January 13, 2008, 11:48:54 pm

Members: