Discussion started on

AZWildcat

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
#16 - December 22, 2011, 05:28:10 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

AZWildcat

Registration begins for Tucson - KCBS Sam's Club 6pm (8 EST) on Wed Jan 18th. Who's in? I hope to see a bunch of AZ teams at this one. 30 teams, 10-G's, and a chance to advance...nice!

The rules say registration begins at 8 EST, I emailed KCBS whether that meant 8am or 8pm and they sent me a surly email saying 8pm and that I didn't read it right.  I'll probably call tomorrow to verify.

"3. To ensure fairness for all KCBS teams, a registration period will start Jan. 18 at 8:00 EST. All local contests will be open for registration during this time. Registration will remain open for each event until 30 competing spots are confirmed for each 25 local qualifiers and the wait list of 10 teams is full. Registration will then close for that event. "

I dunno...but we are still in. Hope it's pm.

To those who want in, make sure you are a KCBS member or it probably won't let you in, so get your membership ASAP! Who's in?
#17 - January 16, 2012, 11:18:14 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

RudedoggAZ

We are in!
#18 - January 16, 2012, 11:21:45 am

glenntm

Passing on entry this year, but going to signup and judge.  That will be fun to try some good Que...
#19 - January 16, 2012, 11:24:25 am

AzScott

We're completely in the air about this one.  Bekke is due April 28th and the regional is the week after that so the regional would definitely be a no go since I enjoy living.  If we do the local I'll be on my own and showing up late.  Does anyone know who the organizer is for this event?
#20 - January 16, 2012, 11:39:32 am
14' R&O offset
FEC 100
3 L BGE's
1 Mini BGE

Competing since July 2010

Mike P in Tucson

2 Sons will be in for the Tucson event.  Matt is a KCBS member.
#21 - January 16, 2012, 01:23:14 pm
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:27:51 pm by Mike P in Tucson »
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Bam Bam

We are in!
#22 - January 16, 2012, 01:44:28 pm
Cooking on 2 WSM's 22.5's W/BBQ Guru DigiQ

Trailhound

Do I dare ask which event is every one going to try for?
Tucson
Las Vegas
#23 - January 16, 2012, 02:04:45 pm
Don't over think your common sense
East Texas Smoker
2 UDS
Knaack Tool Box Smoker
http://trailhoundsmokersbbq.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/Trailhoundsmokers
KCBS CBJ #55596

DRQ

Probably skipping it this year... good luck to those who enter...
#24 - January 16, 2012, 02:23:56 pm

rgomez99 (Glazed and Confused in Gilbert)

If we get entered we are in.
#25 - January 16, 2012, 02:28:16 pm
GMG Daniel Boone Pellet Smoker
GMG Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
GMG Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker

Club Ambassador
robert@azbarbecue.com

route66

We're completely in the air about this one.  Bekke is due April 28th and the regional is the week after that so the regional would definitely be a no go since I enjoy living.  If we do the local I'll be on my own and showing up late.  Does anyone know who the organizer is for this event?
As I was told last year, there is no chance to show up late. "If your pit and head cook are not setup by 4pm Friday, You will be disqualified!"  :mad: I still chuckle when when remembering the promoter asking me which is more important, Your Job or this Contest? And you need to tell me riigght Now! That silly goose wouldn't even give me any time to decide.... ;)
#26 - January 16, 2012, 03:48:40 pm

Trailhound

As I was told last year, there is no chance to show up late. "If your pit and head cook are not setup by 4pm Friday, You will be disqualified!"  :mad: I still chuckle when when remembering the promoter asking me which is more important, Your Job or this Contest? And you need to tell me riigght Now! That silly goose wouldn't even give me any time to decide.... ;)

WOW who was the promoter sounds like their full of them self
#27 - January 16, 2012, 03:53:55 pm
Don't over think your common sense
East Texas Smoker
2 UDS
Knaack Tool Box Smoker
http://trailhoundsmokersbbq.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/Trailhoundsmokers
KCBS CBJ #55596

AZWildcat

Was that MMA Creative? If so, dont feel bad we had issues with them as well.
#28 - January 16, 2012, 04:12:19 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

BBQCZAR

LOL,hey Brandon,I know that JACKWAGON you talk about !! What a piece of work he is  :mad:
#29 - January 17, 2012, 09:01:21 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Yeller

If anyone needs help or is short handed..let me know. Can't do overnight due to kids, but wolud love to help out..
#30 - February 27, 2012, 09:02:23 am
Classy Q BBQ - Retired

KCBS CBJ
Kamado x2
Weber 22/18
Weber Baby Q

"why are we in this handbasket and where are we going?"

Members: