AZ Barbeque.com

Linked Events

• 2009 Jack Daniels BBQ Cook-off: October 23, 2009 - October 24, 2009

2009 Jack Daniels Invitational BBQ Cook-off

Discussion started on

RudedoggAZ

I'll have my AZ BBQ t-shirt on...

Scottie

I am definitely still a newbie to the BBQ world I've been studying and practicing quite a bit. Part of my studying is reading and downloading Podcasts so when I have busy work at the office I can listen and learn about BBQ. I recently downloaded the Podcast from the BBQ forum that interviewed Scottie Johnson. I saw some of his posts on this thread and have to say how cool it is that he is not only a member of AZ Barbeque but the story about his win at the 2006 Jack Daniels Invitational it takes a very strong person to go through what he did! For those of you that haven't heard it, I highly recommend downloading it. It is truly inspirational!

Scottie, Congratulations on your success!
#16 - August 17, 2009, 04:13:12 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Scottie also won our Big November Pulte event last year, so he will be going to the Jack as the winner of the "Arizona" Draw.

Incredible story and a truly remarkable journey.  Class act all the way..   Glad to have him as a Friend of AZBarbeque and representing us out there this year..
#17 - August 17, 2009, 04:20:02 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Jaybird

Ya don't get much better than Scottie Johnson. He's a good man.
#18 - August 17, 2009, 04:26:43 pm

Scottie

Aww schucks guys.

I'm only carrying on something that I feel I should be doing.  My wife was far to young and so were my girls...  It's amazing the inspiration you can get to succeed.  And I do not count success as what I do on the BBQ circuit either.  That is a means to an end.  I take way more pride in what I can do or will do for fighting cancer.

If you are at the Pulte contest in November, stop on by Rudedog.  I should be there.

Scottie
#19 - August 18, 2009, 07:37:21 am
Scottie

Head Dishwasher cancersuckschicago.com

FE-100
FEC-100
Large BGE
WSM
Homer Simpson Weber Kettle

toys4dlr

Like they said, Scottie is a good guy doing it for a great cause. 

Hey Scottie, I know you have Alan in Tucson, but if you need a place to say in PHX there is lots of room at the Rosol inn.  Just letting you know.

#20 - August 18, 2009, 07:40:43 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Jaybird

Like they said, Scottie is a good guy doing it for a great cause. 

Hey Scottie, I know you have Alan in Tucson, but if you need a place to say in PHX there is lots of room at the Rosol inn.  Just letting you know.

Yeah, like Dave said. I've got a 3000 square foot house and it's just me!!
#21 - August 18, 2009, 07:55:18 am

Jaybird

Aww schucks guys.

I'm only carrying on something that I feel I should be doing.  My wife was far to young and so were my girls...  It's amazing the inspiration you can get to succeed.  And I do not count success as what I do on the BBQ circuit either.  That is a means to an end.  I take way more pride in what I can do or will do for fighting cancer.

If you are at the Pulte contest in November, stop on by Rudedog.  I should be there.

Scottie

Oh, is that all you're doing? ;) ;D
#22 - August 18, 2009, 07:56:31 am

toys4dlr

Yep Jay, Scottie is doing good and putting a butt whooping at a lot of comps.   :laugh:

#23 - August 18, 2009, 08:13:24 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

RudedoggAZ

Aww schucks guys.

Scottie

That will be our second event and will definitely be there... Thanks Scottie!
#24 - August 18, 2009, 08:20:54 am

blakesbbq

wer going cant wait we LOVE Lynchburg,great little town see yall there  ;D
#25 - August 28, 2009, 09:22:48 pm
later gator

desertdog

wer going cant wait we LOVE Lynchburg,great little town see yall there  ;D

What's not to love?  I heard that whiskey flows in the rivers and streams there, you only have to walk over and dip you glass in! 

Good luck to you guys again, Mike.  Have a safe trip out there, I hope a few of us can also make it out as an Arizona Fan Club to root our teams on.
#26 - August 29, 2009, 07:30:30 am
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

VisionQuest220

Dean, are you aware that Lynchburg is actually located in a "dry" county?

Ironic to say the least.
#27 - August 29, 2009, 11:55:25 am
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

desertdog

Dean, are you aware that Lynchburg is actually located in a "dry" county?

Ironic to say the least.

Thanks, Cliffy!   ;)   

Actually that is quite ironic....they got some weird laws back in the Bible Belt.
#28 - August 29, 2009, 01:24:48 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

AzJohnnyC

That doesn't mean you can't import your own, just can't buy it there. Maybe there was a good reason they made it dry?  :)
#29 - August 29, 2009, 01:59:00 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

azkitch

Thanks, Cliffy!   ;)   

Actually that is quite ironic....they got some weird laws back in the Bible Belt.
They've still got blue laws back there...around Hotlanta, ya can't buy alcoholic bevgs on Sunday, I think.
#30 - August 29, 2009, 03:17:21 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Members: