AZ Barbeque.com

100,000 to the GC in Montana

Discussion started on

AZWildcat

If interested, go to the web site and leave a message. They are snail mailing out comp packages this week to interested teams. FYI. We are giving it a look see...who knows, might be worth the trip! Seems to be 22 hrs from Tucson.
#16 - December 08, 2010, 04:31:01 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Thom Emery

I also got a email from a Nigerian General who wants to deposit $100,000 in my account
Coincidence...... I think not  ::)
#17 - December 08, 2010, 04:54:35 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Crash

Very sketchy info on this event...at best.  Do your homework before sending your $.
#18 - December 08, 2010, 05:18:49 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

AZWildcat

Don't know anything about the event......anyone know if KCBS has sanctioned it?
I also got a email from a Nigerian General who wants to deposit $100,000 in my account
Coincidence...... I think not  ::)
Thom, you think I can get in on this? Sounds legit!
#19 - December 08, 2010, 07:29:27 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Thom Emery

The General may have the funds to cover you also
Just need all your personnel info
#20 - December 08, 2010, 07:56:20 pm

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

azkitch

The General may have the funds to cover you also
Just need all your personnel info
and a $125 advance to pay for the licensing and legal paperwork.
#21 - December 08, 2010, 08:58:03 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

jmcrig

I'd be worried if it weren't a "Nigerian General". ;D ;D
#22 - December 08, 2010, 09:15:11 pm

grizmt

Just got an email from the organizer apologizing for the packet delays due to holiday events at there hotel. understandable. The packets are supposed to go out next week so we'll see what the say then. Gotta start looking at events to do up and back,might as well make $$$ on the way!
#23 - December 09, 2010, 07:59:00 am

rodliv

Actually send me your pre-entry fee you all and I will make sure we all get in it as priority teams. I am looking to get $125 from a hundred of you to secure the event for all of us.  THe General gave me the authority to collect the fees in advance. Trust me I live in UT!

Rod
#24 - December 09, 2010, 08:40:32 am
Rod Livingston
R&R BBQ Team

Thom Emery

The General gets around
#25 - December 09, 2010, 05:13:17 pm

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

azkitch

Actually send me your pre-entry fee you all and I will make sure we all get in it as priority teams. I am looking to get $125 from a hundred of you to secure the event for all of us.  THe General gave me the authority to collect the fees in advance. Trust me I live in UT!

Rod
That right there is funny!...
#26 - December 09, 2010, 07:29:56 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

grizmt

I seem to remember "some"  ::) doubt about another comp not long ago, does Q.C. ring a bell with anyone? Look how that one turned out! I will reserve judgement until more info is available and remain hopeful since it is a nice area to be that time of the year.
#27 - December 13, 2010, 05:16:14 pm

glenntm

This is from the KCBS meeting minutes from last weeks meeting:

Wayne Lohman made a motion to require Lewiston, Mt. to provide financial security and to secure the deficiencies of sanctioning within 5 business days.  In the event the organizer of the Lewiston, Mt contest fail to come into compliance, within 5 business days, then KCBS sanctioning will be withdrawn.  The motion was seconded by Don Harwell.

Vote:
10  yes, 0 no, 0 abstentions
The motion to obtain financial security and to cure the deficiencies of sanctioning as to the Lewiston, Mt. contest, passes.

I guess we should know this week if the deficiencies are cleared up.
#28 - December 13, 2010, 06:08:30 pm

Thom Emery

I understand the entry fee is now at $1500 and the sanctioning body is the Big Sky BBQ Association BSBA  ::)
#29 - December 13, 2010, 07:48:57 pm

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

grizmt

I understand the entry fee is now at $1500 and the sanctioning body is the Big Sky BBQ Association BSBA  ::)
If that is in fact the case it sounds like their chasing entry fees to pay for the prizes. :(   Is that legal?
#30 - December 14, 2010, 05:47:36 am

Members: