AZ Barbeque.com

Miller flight

Discussion started on

Mark

AZWildcat

When you are good, everyone wants you. Too bad nobody is talking to Stoops  :laugh:. Seriously, Lute had schools courting him all the time, i'm not worried. There rarely seemed to be a year that went by when his name wasn't rumored for this program or that. Last year Sean gave $250,000 of his own cash to help for renovations. He would be stupid if he didn't listen to any legit offers, that's for sure. UA has plenty of cash for Miller or anyone else, but he's not going anywhere. With the last few years of renovations and new construction, it's one of the premier practice and playing facilities in the country, with more cash being spent every year. He now has an Elite-8 team and the 4th ranked recruiting team in the country. Mayland is a real good program, great history and a good recruiting area. I think it's a comparable program, not a step up or down. The D.C. / N.Y.  area produces basketball studs too. It is what is, but don't get too excited ASU. It's not like Pastner wouldn't be too far behind, and it's not like you'll catch your little brother to the south in the next decade or so. Interesting to see how it unfolds though. I remember just a couple of years ago when Calapari was "sure" and a "done deal" to AZ, even by some of those at ESPN, only to find out it was never really discussed.

Damn, i'm already gettin geeked up for basketball season now, since it's not like we have much to look forward to in football. Tons of injuries to our defense is gonna be tough to overcome. I have a feeling UA and ASU are gonna fight each other for mediocrity and relevance in the PAC 12.
#2 - May 07, 2011, 10:31:33 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mike P in Tucson

I wish I could be as confident about that as you are, AZWildcat.  But I'm just not getting a good feeling about this. :(
#3 - May 07, 2011, 04:20:23 pm
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Mark

#4 - May 07, 2011, 04:31:53 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike P in Tucson

It is really alive down here, particularly on the forums.  And there are a lot of Maryland trolls on the Wildcat forums.......................or maybe it is force using pseudonyms :D

I'm starting to feel a bit better.  But if Miller does stay, it will be a harsh lesson for our sorry - ass AD, whoi has been trying to nickle and dime Miller on staff salaries and charter planes.  After all, it is the basketball program that keeps our athletic department in the black.
#5 - May 07, 2011, 05:57:34 pm

Mark

True. And unfortunately since the state legislature is in such a cutting mode, they will vote to save a nickel even if it means losing a million in potential revenue.
#6 - May 07, 2011, 09:22:51 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

AZWildcat

Miller is staying. Per all sources, including him. As I thought, it was blown out of proportion by those with an agenda. Hopefully he got more cash for his staff.
#7 - May 07, 2011, 09:50:25 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mike P in Tucson

All is right in the world this morning.  And it does look like raises for staff and charter flights have been included in the deal to keep him here.

#8 - May 08, 2011, 08:59:16 am

Members: