AZ Barbeque.com

Let's talk about the Arizona vs UCLA Game

Discussion started on

ThunderDome

48-12  ;D

What a breath of fresh air to see the Cats play football again. I was hoping to see some ASU fans show some support for their 1-5 buddies to the south, since a UCLA loss would set ASU alone atop the Pac-12 south (while USC doesn't count again this year)

Anhow, don't know if those who didnt watch heard about it. But a fan dressed as a referee ran out onto the field, then streaked . Hilarious. Meanwhile, a fight broke out on other side of the field, benches cleared and 2 players ejected.

I dont knwo how to embed youtube on here, but here's the story and video:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-20123681-10391697/brawl-fake-ref-highlight-fun-ucla-ariz-game/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CoGI82xc1M

Great game Cats. Great night for ASU as well who sits alone atop the Pac 12 South
#1 - October 21, 2011, 08:09:40 am
60 Gallon Tank Build + UDS x 2 + Weber Kettle 22.5 + Weber Kettle 18.5 + Weber Silver B Propane

AZWildcat

Man....who was that team? I think with their first 6 possessions it was 6 touchdowns. If you would have told me that UA would have had the game put away by halftime I would told you "no freaking way". Anyway, nice game, hope they can keep it rolling. Stoops kept that team so tightly wound that maybe they needed to take a fresh breath of air. I don't see Kisch getting the head coaching job unless they keep winning with these numbers, but glad to have him at the controls. Now they need to 'right the ship" (that's for you LNB) one game at a time.

As for the streaker,just found out a buddy of mine was the one who made the tackle. He's a little fireplug of a dude, funny. It's fun to watch and you can't help but laugh, but hope they make an example of that kid. He was booked into jail on a felony charge. Hope it was worth it knucklehead.
#2 - October 21, 2011, 08:46:56 am
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:30:31 am by AZWildcat »
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mark

Great win for the Cats. The players needed that and it makes a good statement about how they reacted to the coaching change. ;D And as a Devils' fan, I appreciated the divisional help, too. >:D
#3 - October 21, 2011, 09:40:51 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

ThunderDome

it was a fun game to watch.

Looked like a different team. I got to visit w/ an ex player (under Stoops command), and he said if you thought he was volatile on the field, you shoulda seen him in locker room....

Sounds like the change they needed
#4 - October 21, 2011, 10:41:03 am
60 Gallon Tank Build + UDS x 2 + Weber Kettle 22.5 + Weber Kettle 18.5 + Weber Silver B Propane

AZWildcat

If somebody could link up the actual video taken by a spectator on yahoo.com or rivals.com with the resulting tackle it's very funny.
#5 - October 21, 2011, 11:13:20 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Like they say, Even a Blind Squirrel finds a nut every now & then.. LOL..

It was a good game, they actually looked very impressive.

Loved the streaker & Brawl.  I think that's what they needed.

Great start to the post Stoops era..
#6 - October 21, 2011, 11:47:58 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

tbonejc

So what actually caused the brawl?  Anyone know.  I watched the video at work so no sound and the link to the article only said tempers flared.  Who started it?
#7 - October 21, 2011, 02:15:52 pm

AZWildcat

The streaker came on as an ump, blew the play dead w/ his whistle, which left the WR and DB jawing w/ each other. As they started to fight and throw punches, the umps were looking at the streaker which allowed more players to start and fight, without having them broke up. UCLA was having the UA run up the score even before half time, putting the game away, so tensions were high. Here's hoping UA does the same to future opponents (fingers esp crossed for ASU). :D
#8 - October 21, 2011, 02:21:35 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked

Members: