AZ Barbeque.com

UA in Final Four

Discussion started on

Mark

ESPN is predicting that the Wildcats will make the Final Four this year. Is that the buzz in Tucson, too? I thought I'd post it just to jinx it.  ;) ^-^

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DougHaller/174281
#1 - December 06, 2012, 07:56:56 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

AZWildcat

I've been to several games this year,  watched almost all. Lots of talent, deep bench, but young and inconsistent.  It seems that every year there is final four buzz. I think we are spoiled with the assumption that the tourney is already made and we are  hoping to get past the sweet 16. Not often true, but we are spoiled.
#2 - December 06, 2012, 08:09:41 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mark

UA has such a rep for creating NBA players, especially point guards, that too many use it as a conduit to the pros. If the Wildcats get a year where all the primo players, stay they very well could win another national championship.
#3 - December 06, 2012, 09:06:29 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike P in Tucson

Expectations are high, but a little too high, I think.  Our "point guard" has not played point guard before.  He is a transfer from Xavier, where he was a shooting guard.  But we don't have a true point guard until next year, when T.J. McConnel, a transfer from Duquesne will be able to play.  We also have 2 true freshman starters.  Yes, they came in highly rated, but they are freshmen and they will make mistakes.  Our best player right now is sophomore Nick Johnson, Dennis Johnson's nephew and son of former ASU player "jumping" joey Johnson.

The PAC-12 is, once again, pretty bad overall, maybe a little better than last year.  But last year only the tournament winner went to the NCAA's.  This year, that could be the case again, so no team is a lock to even get to the NCAA tournament.  I would like to think UA can do it, but it is too early in the season to make that kind of prediction.  Heck, we haven't even played a ranked team yet.  The big test will be December 15, when we play Florida, ranked 5 (AP) or 6 (ESPN) in the country.
#4 - December 06, 2012, 12:00:23 pm
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Members: