AZ Barbeque.com

Best place to buy steel Pheonix Metro

Discussion started on

SmoknAZ

Just picked up a 24 inch by 6 foot piece of pipe. Going to need to buy more steel to make it into a smoker. Any ideas who has some good pricing on steel in Phoenix. Prefer North side but if the price is right will go anywhere in town.
Thanks!
#1 - October 26, 2010, 12:59:03 pm
You can't drink all day if you don't start early.

Slow Fu

I haven't been in Phx. for a few years, but on McDowell, I think near the 5 way intersection (Fair Grounds?) there was a recycle operation going on.  Just sitting at the red light for 2 minutes we used to see scrap being stuffed into bins that had "potential".  You might see what they hold back for scrap and sell up front???
Slow Fu
#2 - October 27, 2010, 09:53:47 pm

SmoknAZ

Thx!
#3 - October 27, 2010, 09:59:13 pm
You can't drink all day if you don't start early.

Mr Smoker

Try Davis Salvage on E. Washington.
#4 - October 28, 2010, 03:23:30 am
Charbroil RED, #7 Custom Red Kamado,AZBarbeque Hall of Fame.

trw

davis salvage on washington near 40 st you can walk the yard see if they have what u need and pay by the lbs
#5 - November 27, 2010, 08:30:17 am

azkitch

That's where I got all my X Metal for my UDS Firebox. Yay Davis Salvage...north side of Washington, about 30th Street.  The address listed on the website is 3333 E. Washington, but to buy scrap chunks, go to the lot on the north side of the road, just a but west of that address. Maybe 3326 or something.

http://www.davissalvageaz.com/index.html

Take THAT!  ;D
#6 - January 22, 2011, 09:53:19 pm
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:01:04 pm by azkitch »
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

31bravo

i use davis for just about anything i need. as a matter of fact ive got about 20lbs just sitting in the back of my truck begging to be turned into target stands.

im going to be making a large smoker soon and i know the have the square tube and C notched tube ill need. im just having a hard time finding large sheets of expanded metal and 3/16th steel.
#7 - January 31, 2011, 09:06:31 am

Atlas

Davis is all right, you could also try Industrial Metal Supply (formerly Capital Metals) on S. 48th street in Phoenix.  They are just across the street from Tempe Diablo Stadium and have a well stocked showroom.  They are open half day on Saturday too.

Jim
#8 - January 31, 2011, 05:20:04 pm
Fire Magic Charcoal Grill, ECB, NBBD with 20 Lb tuning plate, Pro Q Frontier.

azkitch

There are a couple places off of DV and 19th Ave, too. Well...years ago, at least!
#9 - January 31, 2011, 07:19:28 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Atlas

I think Hot Metals used to be up that away.  Don't think they are around any longer.  Found out today there is a new yard at like 3832 W. Van Buren called AZ Metals.  His flyer mentioned he supplies "Commercial, Aerospace, Automotive and Home Hobbiest".  Has in house welding too. Owner is Douglas Cone and he has been in the metals business in the valley for years.

Jim
#10 - February 01, 2011, 04:39:59 pm
Fire Magic Charcoal Grill, ECB, NBBD with 20 Lb tuning plate, Pro Q Frontier.

Members: