AZ Barbeque.com

2010 Arizona Rookie of the Year (ROY)

Discussion started on

RangerJurena

So which is it? You say Dean has a pretty fair "line" which his "line" starts mid year 2009 and includes 3 competitions (Prescott, Pulte, and Tempe). Then you say 3 comps is probably not a rookie. If his "line" is fair to you it will include teams that competed in all three of those events as well as teams that only competed in one or two of them.

Let's make it simple - start fresh in 2010 and only include teams that have never competed before 2010. That is about as fair as you can get. I'm not worried about ROY - I'm going for TOY!!

I was thinking out loud, I can see both points of view. My "which" is irrelevant.

Looks like its working itself out. 
I plan on not finishing DAL and have no other expectations.
#46 - January 21, 2010, 04:38:29 pm
2 Award Winning UDS's
Pappa Charlies Barbeque

force

I think I said that.... jan 1- dec 31, 2010.. never competed before...... simple
#47 - January 21, 2010, 08:40:04 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Mike (AZBarbeque)

#48 - February 05, 2010, 08:02:22 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Weaponeer

OK silly question, What are the four events to qualify for ROY.

Does the Whiskey River Rib throwndown count?
#49 - February 05, 2010, 08:33:54 pm
Tony O'Brien - ASU Student
CBJ #53784

Mrs. McFrankenboo

I'm going to venture to say the Chandler Throwdown, Arizona Barbeque Festival in Scottsdale, Prescott event, Pulte and BBQ Island.
#50 - February 05, 2010, 08:37:09 pm

Crash

Does the Whiskey River Rib throwndown count?
Negative!
#51 - February 05, 2010, 08:41:01 pm
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:42:55 pm by Crash »
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

force

and the ROY award goes to>>>>>>>>>
#52 - February 05, 2010, 08:44:29 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Cornbred

"To be eligible for the Arizona Rookie of the Year (ROY), a team must be be led by a head cook that has not been a head cook at any sanctioned competition prior to January 1, 2010."

If we've only competed once in 2009 can we just switch our "head cook" and still be eligible for RoY?  I don't want to seem like we're trying to  cheat but as many others... I feel were still rookies.
#53 - February 05, 2010, 08:48:49 pm

Crash

OK silly question, What are the four events to qualify for ROY?
You only need to enter two events to qualify for the 2010 ROY.  Scores from a team's top three events will be used to determine the winner.

Basically, doing two events gets your name in the race.  Realistically, three events betters a teams chances at winning.
#54 - February 05, 2010, 08:53:06 pm
VRM Pit Crew

RudedoggAZ

:lamp: What if I switch the name to Boot N' Looty and I'm the head cook for 2010... does that count?  :D :angel: JK...
#55 - February 05, 2010, 08:53:59 pm

Crash

"To be eligible for the Arizona Rookie of the Year (ROY), a team must be be led by a head cook that has not been a head cook at any sanctioned competition prior to January 1, 2010."

If we've only competed once in 2009 can we just switch our "head cook" and still be eligible for RoY?  I don't want to seem like we're trying to  cheat but as many others... I feel were still rookies.
Technically, yes!  You should have no problem doing this, it's well within the rules.
#56 - February 05, 2010, 08:55:25 pm
VRM Pit Crew

Crash

:lamp: What if I switch the name to Boot N' Looty and I'm the head cook for 2010... does that count?  :D :angel: JK...
Technically, yes...... but I dont think any of the other teams are worried, concerned or even afraid.  ;) :D
#57 - February 05, 2010, 09:25:31 pm
VRM Pit Crew

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Whoever gets the $$$ is the Head cook..  ;D  ;D

The events that count are the ones that we list as "Official" AZBarbeque Triple Crown events.  Right now, on the schedule are Havasu, Chandler, Scottsdale, Prescott & Pulte.

We have another 3 we are also currently working on..

Good Luck!!
#58 - February 05, 2010, 09:26:05 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Crash

What teams are competing for the 2010 ROY?  I know I see some team names that I dont recognize competing out at Havasu.
#59 - February 09, 2010, 10:03:55 pm
VRM Pit Crew

kckid5az

I'm going for ROY.  I'll be at Havasu, Chandler and Scottsdale for sure.  After that I hope to do 2 or 3 more, but we'll see as the year unfolds.  I also plan on going home to compete in the American Royal if I can talk myself into the drive.
#60 - February 09, 2010, 10:54:21 pm
Owner/Operator of "The Good Times BBQ Company" Catering Company
www.thegoodtimesbbqcompany.com
Pitmaster of "The Good Times BBQ Company" Competition Team (w/ Todd Selman & Robert Allen)
LANG 84-20 ft. Trailerzilla (plus 7 other misc. smokers & grills at home!)
BBQ IS MY LIFE!!!

Members: