AZ Barbeque.com

WSM Vs. BDS need advice ASAP

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

David,  That does look really good.  How was the Block Party??
#16 - March 18, 2007, 09:22:19 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

VisionQuest220

Great lookin' food, David.  The ribs are beautiful!
#17 - March 18, 2007, 01:13:34 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

toys4dlr

Thanks Vince,

The ribs went real fast, I guess I should have done four racks.  The pulled pork turned out well, really good flavor and my beans were a hits.  Yes those beans that I was late to arive at the xmas party. 

Mike, the block pary was real fun.  A bunch of families, lots of kids riding their bikes, scooters etc. and a lot of food and booze.  Just like a party should be like.  Sorry I missed yours I am sure that there will be others.  You always throw good parties. 

The funniest thing was the host got loaded and as the party was coming to an end, he was out there shouting "GO HOME!!, then he went to sit down and flipped the chair backwards.  I kow it was funnier in person, but it was amusing.

I am a little out of practise, as it has taken most of the day to recover.  That and we went to the Giant's game today and the sun was beating down.

I hope everyone had a great St Paddy's day

David
#18 - March 18, 2007, 07:19:23 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

bearbonez

That food looks great. Really nice color on those.
#19 - March 19, 2007, 07:29:20 am
David "Bear" Nunley

gstanle

4:00 am is when I get some "Glen time"......  Everyone else in the house is still asleep, and it's the only time when it's quiet enough around here that I can concentrate  ;D

How do you like the stumps? I saw one in action at our Q-fest, and at the Dr. BBQ class. Pretty cool concept........
#20 - March 20, 2007, 04:58:01 am
Proud Member of P.E.T.A. (People Eating Tasty Animals)

toys4dlr

Hello Glen,

I know what you mean about "Your" Time.  I have the computer at 6 am to play before I go to work. 

The Stumper is working out very well and is a nice addition to my #7 Kamado.  I am learning the best places for each item and the stoker should be a standard item.  Man, it make overnight enjoyable, which for the most part was what I was trying to get.

The Kamado has been great and it too is a set it and forget type cooker.  Not too portable though.  I have been toy around with trying out comps and that is what the Stump's is made for.  I took the QN4U class out here in AZ (I think Brent and Kim helped at Dr. BBQ class is SJ??, is that the one you went to??)  The wife is supportive, as I got a toy hauler to got to various places with the cooker and the family.  This BBQ thing is fun, but expensive  ;D 

David

#21 - March 20, 2007, 09:39:55 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

gstanle

Your right about it being fun & being expensive. I've got so many other things I should be doing with my time & money, but I'm hooked.

Brent & Kim are great people, and great cooks. They are very involved in the BBQ scene here in Cal. It was an added bonus to have them come out and help Dr. BBQ with the class I took.

One of the things I'm quickly learning is that there are definitely wrong ways to cook BBQ, but there are many right ways to cook it. I know Dr. BBQ's way is different than QN4U's way, but they both have many championships under their belts. I'm hoping QN4U puts on a class out here later in the year. I will take it if they do.

Are you doing the Saddle Sore comp. in April?
#22 - March 22, 2007, 06:09:42 am

toys4dlr

Hello Glen,

Sorry, I somehow missed your question.  I am doing the Saddle Sore, as I sent my check to Aaron last week.  Just before the family and I took off for the Grand Canyon.  Got to use the toy hauler and the "New" to me 2000 Excursion that I got to tow the thing.  Towed great, filling up the tank sucked big time  ;D    The Canyon was great.  Sun the first two days and it snowed on us one day.  Lots of fun.

Did you do the Dr. BBQ class in San Jose???  Funny, I lived in SJ for 36 years and never heard of BBQ classes.  I move to AZ and the BBQ arena is bigger.  Maybe, I just wasn't looking in the right places.   I had a great time at Kim and Brent's class here in AZ.  They really did a good job and I got my name called twice, so that was fun.  We will see how it goes at the SS event. 

I think I might do Taylor too??  Have to check with the General as to the plans around the house.
#23 - March 27, 2007, 10:41:27 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

gstanle

Sounds like a great trip.

I did take the class in SJ. It was very cool, and I learned a ton. Brent & Kim came over to help Dr. BBQ out, which was an added bonus for us.

I took what I learned and applied it at a small (7 teams) backyard event. I took 1st in chicken, 4th in ribs, and 3rd overall. I'm very pleased since that was my very first event.

If I can do well at the Saddle Sore event, I'll be really excited.

I'll see ya at the end of April.....
#24 - March 28, 2007, 09:16:49 am

Members: