AZ Barbeque.com

Vertical Smoker

Discussion started on

AZBBQGRILLS

I am in the final building stages of another offset smoker with attached grill and thought that I would post some pictures.  I made some changes to improve it based on input from buyers. I changed the frame by putting it on six casters, better support and maneuverability. The smoking chamber is built form 3/16 steel plate and the bottom is center creased to provide good drainage and easy clean up. The door is also 3/16 steel plate and seals air tight. This is accomplished with door handles that press down on the door much like a vise and finish it with a stove gasket. Firebox is constructed form 3/16 steel plate and also sealed. Being able to provide a good seal helps in the draw and flow. The vents on the firebox are spring tensioned for easy movement when the box heats up the exhaust is set up to enable a good draw and the exhaust opening can be adjusted. The grill is just as I have been building them no change and this one has an argentine style grate. This one is being shipped to Georgia. Enjoy the pictures and if I can be of help to anyone let me know, even helping you complete your project. I have a cnc plasma machine and can custom cut anything up to 5/8 inch thick.  The more I learn the better my products become. Oh yea the temperature
gauge on the smoker is broken. They break easy when you are hammering on them go figure :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
#1 - October 21, 2010, 08:03:49 pm
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 09:33:00 pm by AZBBQGRILLS »
AZ BBQ Grills
Heavy Duty Grill at an Affordable Price

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Very cool looking.  Look forward to seeing it in action..
#2 - October 21, 2010, 08:07:40 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Looks awesome-Nice job
#3 - October 22, 2010, 03:04:31 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

AZWildcat

That's slick. What's the base price of something like that, minus the extras?
#4 - October 22, 2010, 05:59:56 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

jmcrig

You've got my attention, how much? ;D
#5 - October 22, 2010, 06:35:03 pm

AZWildcat

I looked on his web site.........looks like 750.00.  VERY reasonable!
#6 - October 22, 2010, 08:11:25 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

jmcrig

I looked on his web site.........looks like 750.00.  VERY reasonable!

Now it's really got my attention. Would like to see more on the baffle system, but looks very attractive at that price. ;D
#7 - October 22, 2010, 08:54:55 pm

Crash

If that's an accurate price, it's a sounds like a smoking deal!!
#8 - October 22, 2010, 11:15:10 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

jmcrig

If that's an accurate price, it's a sounds like a smoking deal!!

That's the way it's priced on his web site. I'd like to talk to him about the double walled version. Also, seeing if it will function on wood. ;D
#9 - October 22, 2010, 11:22:55 pm

AZBBQGRILLS

Sorry about not having a faster response, i have been building 3 grills and another smoker.  Yep I am selling them for 750 as it is shown on my web. The damper or is located in the center of the metal between the fire box and smoking / cooking chamber. The fire box will hold wood. It's 24 inches deep x 24 inches wide at 13 inches in height.  I am always looking at ways to improve it. I am going to be at the event in Tucson on the 30th. I will have one there.
#10 - October 26, 2010, 09:48:24 am
AZ BBQ Grills

jmcrig

David, I be more interested in a double walled, insulated one. ;D
#11 - October 26, 2010, 05:06:08 pm

AZBBQGRILLS

I think an insulated one would double in price if not more. The labor involved would increase drastically.  Thats why I stick with what I build. I don't think I would get much business selling my smoker for 1400 to 2000.  I try to make it simple, functional and durable. When I get a cover made for one it would be interesting to compare it to an insulated one.
#12 - October 26, 2010, 08:31:18 pm
AZ BBQ Grills

AZBBQGRILLS

I have layer out some plans to build a double walled insulated smoker. This will be a lengthy build. But any input will be recvd well. I plan to build a frame from square tube. Once the Fran is built I will skin the inside with metal thickness to be determined. Then the outside, prior to skinning rock wool or another insulation will fill the space.  So there is a start.
#13 - October 27, 2010, 10:22:49 am
AZ BBQ Grills

AZBBQGRILLS

I am in the final building stages of another offset smoker with attached grill and thought that I would post some pictures.  I made some changes to improve it based on input from buyers. I changed the frame by putting it on six casters, better support and maneuverability. The smoking chamber is built form 3/16 steel plate and the bottom is center creased to provide good drainage and easy clean up. The door is also 3/16 steel plate and seals air tight. This is accomplished with door handles that press down on the door much like a vise and finish it with a stove gasket. Firebox is constructed form 3/16 steel plate and also sealed. Being able to provide a good seal helps in the draw and flow. The vents on the firebox are spring tensioned for easy movement when the box heats up the exhaust is set up to enable a good draw and the exhaust opening can be adjusted. The grill is just as I have been building them no change and this one has an argentine style grate. This one is being shipped to Georgia. Enjoy the pictures and if I can be of help to anyone let me know, even helping you complete your project. I have a cnc plasma machine and can custom cut anything up to 5/8 inch thick.  The more I learn the better my products become. Oh yea the gauge on the smoker is broken. They break easy when you are hammering on them go figure :) The pictures have been changed on the original post.
#14 - December 23, 2010, 02:42:13 pm
AZ BBQ Grills

Kegger

Do you paint them or are they powdercoated???
#15 - December 27, 2010, 10:41:04 am

Members: