Discussion started on

Brian (B&C BBQ Crew)

If you want to start off slow, then work your way up
#1 - November 21, 2013, 04:49:57 am
Attachments:
B & C BBQ CREW

Mark

Cool!

Years before Alton Brown did it, I created a clay-pot cooker using a couple of terra cotta planters. I sat it on a couple of bricks to allow airflow through the weep hole and lined the inside of the bottom pot with crinkled-up foil to lessen the thermal shock. I used a wire basket to hold my charcoal (made to hang, holding moss & flowers) I found a little grill that fit neatly in the bottom pot and made a handle for the top pot using a C-clamp and pushed corks over the t-handle to be able to lift it. It worked pretty dang well, but developed a few hairline cracks after a while.
#2 - November 21, 2013, 08:40:11 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Brian (B&C BBQ Crew)

Cool!

Years before Alton Brown did it, I created a clay-pot cooker using a couple of terra cotta planters. I sat it on a couple of bricks to allow airflow through the weep hole and lined the inside of the bottom pot with crinkled-up foil to lessen the thermal shock. I used a wire basket to hold my charcoal (made to hang, holding moss & flowers) I found a little grill that fit neatly in the bottom pot and made a handle for the top pot using a C-clamp and pushed corks over the t-handle to be able to lift it. It worked pretty dang well, but developed a few hairline cracks after a while.

You cave man :D
#3 - November 21, 2013, 02:36:56 pm
B & C BBQ CREW

Send this topic Print

Members: