AZ Barbeque.com

If There's a Will There's a Way

Discussion started on

catfish charlie

OK, so I live in a residential neighborhood and cant park any BBQ rig outside without ticking off the neighbors.  And I didn't have the stones to stand up to my lovely wife when we bought our home, where I should have insisted on a 3-car garage for storing toys.

So now that I've taken up BBQ'ing, what the heck to do if I want to go mobile?

Below is the result of painstaking design and fabrication of a cart that I've been able to mount my Traeger XL pellet grill on.  This literally fits with about 1/2" to spare in the corner of my 2 1/2 car garage - right between the front wall and the steps going into my Laundry room.  You can see in the pictures my garage is not designed to hold a towable BBQ pit with two cars already inside, but I've defied the odds!  Below is what my Pit looked like originally also.  (BTW, you folks from AZ might get a good laugh out of what's mounted on the upper left wall of my garage - that's a Michigan school bus stop heater that the neighborhood kids congregate around in January!)

I went to great lengths to reinforce the wooden portion with metal angle brackets so that it would be solid as a rock.  Opposite the Pit, I have storage space for (2) brine barrels and a work surface.  The work surface is strong enough that it will support my 175 gallon marine cooler with the biggest pig that I could fit into the Pit.  I could also fit a gas generator if pulling this rig to where there is no electricity that the Traeger needs to run.  The Patio umbrella keeps things dry in bad weather.  Probably not to be appreciated by you folks in AZ, but for us Oklahoma Sooner fans the crimson color is also quite nice! (as will be the replacement umbrella in my team's colors as soon as I find it)

[attachment deleted by admin]
#1 - July 31, 2010, 11:58:16 am
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:03:09 pm by catfish charlie »
2009 Pro-Q Excel 20
2010 Traeger XL
2011 Traeger XL converted to mobile unit!
2012 WSM or UDS with Stoker?

revgodless

HA! dude.. we here in Arizona might not get as much as you yearly, but every summer we all get to see red over our homes on that doppler... LOL

Awe job though, looks great!
#2 - July 31, 2010, 12:26:50 pm
(480)636-6990
Promotions Department
Monotronics Security systems
AZ BBQer home owners get a $1500
system, installation, and activation for no charge.
Serving Phoenix and surrounding area

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Looks great. Nice job ;D
#3 - July 31, 2010, 02:42:11 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

SmokeWatcher

Very nice setup...and I love the umbrella shade!
#4 - July 31, 2010, 03:05:49 pm
If it ain't right, don't do it....If it ain't true, don't say it....If it ain't yours, don't take it.

Quiggs

Love it dude!!
#5 - August 02, 2010, 10:24:10 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Great job.  Very functional...
#6 - August 03, 2010, 12:05:26 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Harpo

Any time a Traeger is on a trailer it looks good. Great job really looks nice. Nothing to be ashame of at all. Looking forward to post under our new pellet pooper thread.
#7 - August 03, 2010, 07:55:48 pm
I don't eat vegetables. The meat I eat, eats vegetables.
Grill Dome Ceramic Smoker/Grill
FEC 100

Soncho

resourcful and handy, no wander your wife keeps you around with "small stones" LOL. Looks great, nice to see a compact setup like that, it gives me ideas.

Soncho
#8 - August 04, 2010, 12:47:26 pm

Members: