AZ Barbeque.com

Guess who wants to borrow my Geer pit

Discussion started on

Jaybird

Just got off the phone with Jamie Geer. It seems that someone he knows wants to borrow my pit if I'm not gonna use it at the Mesquite contest. I told him "I'm not gonna let Myron Mixon beat me with my own pit!!"  Jamie says "well I gave him your name and number so he might be callin ya". Guess Myron cooked on one a couple weeks ago and was so impressed with it he thought he could borrow another one. Nope, ain't gonna happen.

Guess I better get "Gert" (named after Monica's nickname, not many of ya knew that did ya.) fired up this weekend. It's time to break her out and get busy. >:D
#1 - August 04, 2009, 11:38:17 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

WOW, they are already beating down your door to get their hands on that new Pitt.  Now I can't wait to see it in action.

Of course, you could lend it to him, but install a remote to open and close the baffles.  That would drive him nuts...  ;D
#2 - August 04, 2009, 11:48:22 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

VisionQuest220

Jay, that's hilarious!
#3 - August 04, 2009, 01:41:46 pm
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

toys4dlr

I would ask him how much it is worth to cook on the newest Geer pit???

Then say NO.  ;D

#4 - August 04, 2009, 02:19:13 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Mrs. McFrankenboo

Jack's Old South is coming to Mesquite?!  He was at (and won) the first BBQ comp we were ever spectators at.  I was unimpressed with his attitude!  If he wants to drive out here all the way from Georgia, let him bring his own damn smoker!  Just my 2 cents  :P  Any idea when we'll find out who the rest of the competitors are?
#5 - August 04, 2009, 02:26:06 pm

toys4dlr

I'm going to go with, Ask Arlie???  Could not help it Erin,  ;D
#6 - August 04, 2009, 02:59:46 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

desertdog

I think he is sandbagging the list in order to draw others in, otherwise, if us rookies (aka cannon fodder) see the "Who's Who" list of the Championship BBQ world that are attending, we might not enter, knowing we don't stand a snowballs chance in Mesquite of winning.... ;)

But I could be wrong.

#7 - August 04, 2009, 03:43:51 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

VisionQuest220

I've cooked three of Arlie's contests and he has yet to give up a team list until he either has it filled or just about filled.  Why?  I dunno but I can tell you that he's not likely to post anything, even if you say "pretty please".

You can expect to see a big name or two (or more) but what difference does it make?  You can't win if you don't enter and if you do win you'll have a story to tell for years to come!
#8 - August 04, 2009, 03:51:01 pm

Mrs. McFrankenboo

Ok, how about this...do we know if there was a limit on how many teams there could be?  Do we know if we're looking at 20or 50?  I think the site said to get there early if you wanted space.  Again, I guess I can just ask arlie! 
#9 - August 04, 2009, 03:55:55 pm

desertdog

I had every intention of judging this event, choosing to eat great BBQ rather than compete against it, but something inside of me now wants to put together a band of misfits and enter this thing......and that idea just might be crazy enough to work!  (or not.)  ;D

Who are our Arizona entries?\

Got:

R N Q
BBQ Bullies
McFreakinboos
Otis und der Vogel
Toyz
Blakes
Whiskey Ranch

Who am I missing?
#10 - August 04, 2009, 04:20:30 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

VisionQuest220

Ok, how about this...do we know if there was a limit on how many teams there could be?  Do we know if we're looking at 20or 50?  I think the site said to get there early if you wanted space.  Again, I guess I can just ask arlie! 

Arlie has posted that he has his field half filled with 20+ teams.  He has told me that he'd like to get at least 40 teams out there and I suspect that will happen quite easily.  My guess is that we're probably looking in the 50+ range by the time the event comes around.

But then again...
#11 - August 04, 2009, 04:57:53 pm

Jaybird

I like how this thread went to the Mesquite contest and the Mesquite contest thread went to belly flops and the price of cots. Now that's funny!! ;D ;D
#12 - August 04, 2009, 05:11:32 pm

toys4dlr

No thread Hi Jacks in this group.
#13 - August 04, 2009, 05:32:01 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

VisionQuest220

I like how this thread went to the Mesquite contest and the Mesquite contest thread went to belly flops and the price of cots. Now that's funny!! ;D ;D

So when are you going to let me borrow that new pit?  I mean if it's good enough for Myron...
#14 - August 04, 2009, 05:38:32 pm

toys4dlr

Where do you put the stoker on that thing??
#15 - August 04, 2009, 05:39:19 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

Members: