AZ Barbeque.com

Bought a Traeger BBQ075 Texas Grill

Discussion started on

toys4dlr

they won't, but I know it is there.  Trust me there are better pellets out there.  Go down to BBQ Island and check out their supply.  Better BTU Better, cleaner burn and better smoke.

#16 - November 19, 2013, 08:01:29 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Wood Chuck

Thanks Dave, appreciate your advice. Never thought pellet brands would make a difference on smoke flavor or BTU's.  That's one of the first things I'm going to do prior to Thanksgiving. 

Thanks for all the advice, one of reasons I like this site, everyone helps each other.
#17 - November 19, 2013, 08:37:24 am

Mcevoyrom

Not sure they can tell as long as you were using food quality pellets?
#18 - November 19, 2013, 09:45:07 am

mustang

Did my first cook Sunday and the Treager worked great, forgot to take pictures.  The thing I find funny is if I use any pellet's other than Treager brand voids the 3 year warranty, how would they know?  I appreciate the advise certainly will explore other pellet brands. 

There is a persistent rumor that using anything other than manufacturer branded pellets will void a smoker/grill warranty.

That is not true, at least not in the United States.  The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C.A. 2302) forbids the conditioning of a warranty upon the purchase of any product or service which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name.

In other words, your smoker or grill warranty cannot be voided just because you used a non-branded pellet.

But incredibly blatant in disregard, here is a quote from the Traeger Grills dot com website

Warning Using any brand of pellets other than Traeger pellets will void the warranty of your grill.

That is pure scare-tactic marketing B.S. and not legally defensible.

#19 - November 19, 2013, 10:16:26 am

Wood Chuck

There is a persistent rumor that using anything other than manufacturer branded pellets will void a smoker/grill warranty.

That is not true, at least not in the United States.  The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C.A. 2302) forbids the conditioning of a warranty upon the purchase of any product or service which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name.

In other words, your smoker or grill warranty cannot be voided just because you used a non-branded pellet.

But incredibly blatant in disregard, here is a quote from the Traeger Grills dot com website

Warning Using any brand of pellets other than Traeger pellets will void the warranty of your grill.

Thanks Robert, unaware of any laws prohibiting this.  Had a feeling it was a marketing plow, have come across other companies making the same claims about voiding warranties. I usually ignore them and purchase what meets my needs.

That is pure scare-tactic marketing B.S. and not legally defensible.

#20 - November 19, 2013, 12:03:41 pm

Members: