AZ Barbeque.com

Bought a Traeger BBQ075 Texas Grill

Discussion started on

Wood Chuck

Buying a Traeger, been reading some comments about the grill, it's about 50/50 on reliability but is seems more positive comments for the last 6 months so hoping problems have been corrected. Has anyone heard more or used one, I do have a 30 day return policy. Got it because the reputation of Traeger is generally good and same as cash payment plan. Hoping to use it at comps any thoughts?
#1 - November 12, 2013, 10:41:42 am

toys4dlr

Look for the Costco roadshow if you are set on that unit.  Best price and better return policy.  There are so many good units out there and I know Traeger would not be in my list.  But, it depends on budget too.   

Looking to do a whole comp on the 75??  or just adding it to the collection??

#2 - November 12, 2013, 12:10:38 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Wood Chuck

Addition to my WSM's, already bought it currently being shipped.  Don't have a Costco membership was unaware they sold them, do like their return policy.  Bought through Treager so I was able to do a payment plan and my budget drove this purchase. Was some what of an impulse buy, also relying on reputation of the brand, hope it doesn't come back to bite me.
#3 - November 12, 2013, 12:51:06 pm

Brian (B&C BBQ Crew)

I guess i'm still Old School, having a Lang 36" Hybrid Deluxe delivered in about 2-3 weeks. Just like those stick burners.
#4 - November 14, 2013, 04:44:06 am
Attachments:
B & C BBQ CREW

Wood Chuck

I guess I'm still Old School, having a Lang 36" Hybrid Deluxe delivered in about 2-3 weeks. Just like those stick burners.
This would look nice in my backyard. I do have a stick burner but it's also a grill so it's not a very effcent smoker, have made some mods to it but just to heavy and bulky to move around.  I was looking for something I could take to competitions and the payment plan is what sold it for me, that made it affordable plus the free shipping. 
#5 - November 14, 2013, 06:53:42 am

Brian (B&C BBQ Crew)

FREE SHIPPING!!!  Dam, I have to pay $650 cash when they drop it off.
#6 - November 14, 2013, 06:21:37 pm
B & C BBQ CREW

Wood Chuck

I was wondering what the shipping cost was for your Lang, that's several hundred cases of beer.  Checked out their web site do like the products I saw, will keep their smokers on my radar.
#7 - November 15, 2013, 08:05:18 am

Brian (B&C BBQ Crew)

it was $1850 for the smoker, and $650 delivery. Delivery is a separate company. I paid for my smoker in advance, and have to pay cash for delivery
#8 - November 15, 2013, 05:13:42 pm
B & C BBQ CREW

Wood Chuck

The Treager was only a $1000, gauge of metal used not as thick as  in other pellet smokers but affordable. 

Came in last night so I'll get assembled and put it through it's paces, hopefully it'll work out.
#9 - November 16, 2013, 02:16:25 am

Brian (B&C BBQ Crew)

Wow, early X-Mas for you. Have fun playing with your new toy ;D
#10 - November 16, 2013, 03:04:44 am
B & C BBQ CREW

KidCurry

My dad has one he bought at CostCo.  He uses it all the time. 

I have personally cooked 6 large pork butts on it in the middle of a monsoon thunderstorm and it cooked like a champ.  :)
It might have some hotter spots (toward the edges) but not enough that it effects the cook much.  6 racks of ribs cook evenly.

He has had it for over a year and has had no problems.  Ribs, tri-tip, pork butts, briskets, potatoes etc he cooks it all. 
Its not a grill so don't go in thinking your gonna get a sear at all in stock form. 

He only uses Traeger pellets so if you use something else. YMMV

Smoke flavor is much lighter than with the WSM but sometimes that's not a bad thing.

He loves it and it cooks well.  If you have power, it has been set and forget for him every time. 
#11 - November 17, 2013, 07:54:42 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

toys4dlr

It will only get better if he stops using the traeger pellets.  BBQ'rs delight or lumberjack have a better burn and flavor  IMHO   ;D
#12 - November 17, 2013, 09:04:12 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

mustang

It will only get better if he stops using the traeger pellets.  BBQ'rs delight or lumberjack have a better burn and flavor  IMHO   ;D

Does anyone know if Cookinpellets are now being manufactured for them by Lumberjack (Great Lakes Renewable Energy, Inc.)?

Here's their 'Perfect Mix'
http://www.cookinpellets.com/perfect-mix-of-100-favorite-hard-woods/40-lbs-bag-perfect-mix.html
#13 - November 18, 2013, 10:51:18 am

Brian (B&C BBQ Crew)

Just got a call from Lang today, my new smoker will be here Friday,  :P :P :P
#14 - November 18, 2013, 02:01:47 pm
B & C BBQ CREW

Wood Chuck

Did my first cook Sunday and the Treager worked great, forgot to take pictures.  The thing I find funny is if I use any pellet's other than Treager brand voids the 3 year warranty, how would they know?  I appreciate the advise certainly will explore other pellet brands. 
#15 - November 19, 2013, 06:24:10 am

Send this topic Print

Members: