AZ Barbeque.com

Best smoker for around $1500

Discussion started on

bucaguy

Just got asked to cook about 200 pounds of meat for someone at my wife's work.. So I figure I may need to get something bigger, because I do not want to cook it all on a my Off Set. Plus I figure it is as good of a excuse as any to get to go along with getting a new cooker
#1 - September 10, 2014, 06:35:11 pm
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

toys4dlr

Need more info Scott.  What do you want to cook with, Pellets, Lump, Charcoal??  Set  it and  forget it style?? 
#2 - September 11, 2014, 10:53:42 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

bucaguy

probably going pellet. love charcoal and wood but not seeing anything i really like.  going to use for comps to
#3 - September 11, 2014, 01:31:50 pm
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

chas

a tow behind charcoal/wood off set should cook what you need for your event and you can would work at comps. you will not get a good off set for $1500.00.
#4 - December 10, 2014, 04:46:19 pm

Cansid1948

Need more info Scott.  What do you want to cook with, Pellets, Lump, Charcoal??  Set  it and  forget it style?? 

may i know the difference if the meat cooks with Pellets, Lump and Charcoal?? Just curious.
#5 - August 19, 2016, 09:38:29 pm

Sean T.

may i know the difference if the meat cooks with Pellets, Lump and Charcoal?? Just curious.

Not sure on pellets, but I know on my Bradley that uses compressed disks you don't get the nice smoke ring. And I found that the flavor didn't come close to smoking with real wood and charcoal.
#6 - October 11, 2016, 04:37:19 pm

Fat Frankie

This new one from Traeger has had some great reviews.,
TRAEGER XL
$1995.99

The Traeger XL has 836 square inches of grilling area and a 42.5 pound hopper, so this big boy provides hours of consistent, wood-fired cooking at its best. This Traeger grill has a Digital Pro Controller to maintain a consistent temperature throughout the cook, with Dual Meat Probes for easy monitoring of the internal meat temp without having to open the lid. More grill means you can cook a whole meal at once, or even a whole hog, with huge, hardwood flavor.

#7 - October 19, 2016, 02:00:48 pm
Fat Frankie
Comming to a Competition Near you!

Members: