AZ Barbeque.com

larger smoker

Discussion started on

DanMan

Ok I have a New Braunfels offset with a 16" x 36" cooking area.  Well I am wanting to atleast double that size anysuggestions for a larger smoker that is still portable, and affordable?
#1 - May 01, 2010, 08:20:46 am

Thom Emery

Just get a WSM
#2 - May 01, 2010, 12:43:52 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Diamondplate smokers are the best value with the most versatile cooking for the price. 

Let me know if you would like to get more info on them..
#3 - May 03, 2010, 09:15:49 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

DanMan

Well I have bneen looking and what I would like and what I can afford are 2 different things right now.  Ahh but I can dream right?
#4 - May 03, 2010, 04:47:09 pm

azkitch

Oh, wait...how 'bout another shelf above the one you have in a smoker you already know? I know a link...
#5 - May 08, 2010, 08:53:26 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

glenntm

Pickup a Backwoods..   Party or Chubby.  No shipping costs...
#6 - May 08, 2010, 10:11:37 pm

PAPAS BBQ

I agree with Dave add a shelve
#7 - June 14, 2010, 09:40:53 am
"Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid."

AZBBQGRILLS

Adding a shelf would be the best thing. However, consider what your spacing will be between the shelves and how this will affect what you cook. If your interested I can help you. I build pits and grills here in Tucson.
#8 - June 15, 2010, 06:38:04 am
AZ BBQ Grills
Heavy Duty Grill at an Affordable Price

chas

Adding a shelf may be easy, but you must consider the lose of height above the shelf that you have now and the height above the added shelf. With a added shelf, you will increase the amount of meat that you can put in your smoker, but you may reduce  the volume of air flow that flows thru the cooking chamber. The size of the cooking chamber, location of fire box in reference to the the cook chamber, fire box size, intake air placement/volume, Exhaust height/size/location, design of air flow thru the cook chamber. All of this must be considered when building or modifing a smoker. When all of this and more is considered, you will need to learn how to use the modified/new smoker.
#9 - June 25, 2010, 06:11:24 pm

barbedQ

In my NB's I use stackable bakers cooling racks to expand when I need to.  That way I can smoke turkeys one weekend and load it up with salmon the next without worrying about a permanant rack.
#10 - June 26, 2010, 05:47:45 pm
Medium Spicewine; 2 NB Offsets; 2 WSM; 2 ProQ; 1 Peoria Cooker

Members: