AZ Barbeque.com

Addition to the Family

Discussion started on

Yeller

I picked up a Traeger Pellet Pooper this will be my first electric smoker...so I'm looking for suggestions on cooking. Will be doing a 12# packer in 2 weeks so I will season it accordingly. How does the quality of the pellet vary? Any suggestions will help. Probably start with Pecan. The O'l Komado used to cook in 8 hrs so I assume I will be looking at a much longer cook..TIA...
#1 - February 28, 2020, 02:58:55 pm
Classy Q BBQ - Retired

KCBS CBJ
Kamado x2
Weber 22/18
Weber Baby Q

"why are we in this handbasket and where are we going?"

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I picked up a Traeger Pellet Pooper this will be my first electric smoker...so I'm looking for suggestions on cooking. Will be doing a 12# packer in 2 weeks so I will season it accordingly. How does the quality of the pellet vary? Any suggestions will help. Probably start with Pecan. The O'l Komado used to cook in 8 hrs so I assume I will be looking at a much longer cook..TIA...

Congrats on the new purchase.  Love my Pellet Poopers.  I use a blend of Maple/Hickory/Cherry.  It's a great flavor profile and gives some great color.  But that's the fun thing about experimenting, check out what the different pellet brands and flavors do for you.

Post up your thoughts & results. Would love to see them.

#2 - March 01, 2020, 04:05:30 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Yeller

I ordered from Dicks a bag of Lumberjack Supreme which is a blend of Oak, Hickory and Cherry big difference in pellet quality...
#3 - March 01, 2020, 05:05:47 pm
Classy Q BBQ - Retired

KCBS CBJ
Kamado x2
Weber 22/18
Weber Baby Q

"why are we in this handbasket and where are we going?"

Members: