AZ Barbeque.com

Slab-O-Rama - Bullhead City

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, we are excited to announce that Slab-O-Rama in Bullhead City signed on to be an "Official" AZBarbeque Triple Crown event.  That means that this year's BCS Team of the Year as well as the AZBarbeque Triple Crown Team of the year could be different.

This sounds like an amazing event.  It is a KCBS Sanctioned one.  Here are some of the details of it:

The Slab-O-Rama Barbeque Challenge is a contest designed for the Cooks.  The event will be held October 10 and 11 at Rotary Park in Bullhead City.  The event offers up to eight categories a team can participate in.  This is a KCBS sanctioned event and the categories include Deserts, Appetizers, Sausage and Cook's Choice prepared in the smoker, as well as the four sanctioned categories.  Deserts and Appetizers are judged Friday evening and the judges come to the Pits to be "entertained."  The prize fund is set at $16,100, subject to change if there are not at least 30 teams competing.  Six categories pay ten places, Deserts and Appetizers pay five places.  Overall scores from the four sanctioned categories pay out the top five places.  A People's Choice will also be held with each participating team receiving fifty percent of the proceeds of each two dollar sample ticket redeemed and turned in.

An Oktoberfest will be held each evening, Friday and Saturday, featuring area custom brewers who will have samples for the event goers who purchase a wristband.  Finally a KCBS certified judging school will be held on Thursday, October 9 at Mohave Community College.

Visit our website at www.slaborama.com for more info and to register. 

#1 - September 09, 2014, 12:04:51 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Here is the latest info on the Prize fund.  Pretty Impressive

Here is the payout
All Four meats pay:
1 $1000
2 $500
3 $300
4 $200
5 $150
6 $125
7 $100
8 $75
9 $50
10 $50

Grand champion $2500
Reserve grand $1500
3rd overall. $1000
4th overall. $500
5th overall. $300

Side categories $25 each winner takes all

Also guys this will be in a park on the grass, no extra charge for extra space. We need to make this event happen guys please spread the word.

http://www.slaborama.com/
#2 - September 09, 2014, 12:07:00 am
Michael J. Reimann

THE COWBOY WAY, AZ

Good luck to all. Hope to be back soon.
#3 - September 09, 2014, 01:55:40 pm
Jr

Mcevoyrom

Very much considering this one, wanting to find a place to store my trailer for a few weeks after so I can do the USA BBQ Championship is well.
#4 - September 10, 2014, 05:27:41 am

AzQer

Not going to be able to make this wish we could
#5 - September 10, 2014, 07:01:58 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

rgomez99 (Glazed and Confused in Gilbert)

its sounds like a great comp. I have an elk hunt the following weekend, so I am not sure if I can do both.
#6 - September 10, 2014, 12:25:58 pm
GMG Daniel Boone Pellet Smoker
GMG Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
GMG Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker

Club Ambassador
robert@azbarbecue.com

bucaguy

looks like  I have a wedding to attend
#7 - September 10, 2014, 06:30:54 pm
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

How many teams are planning on competing out at this event.

Sounds like a really fun one with a great prize fund & Payout schedule.
#8 - September 14, 2014, 08:35:48 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mcevoyrom

Good chance we will cook this
#9 - September 14, 2014, 09:36:54 pm

Swimmin in Smoke

We can't make this one!! Had plans already booked and paid for. Good luck........
#10 - September 22, 2014, 08:14:13 pm
Mike King

BBQCZAR

I wanted to make this one,but I have my pro wrestler reunion on that saterday  :(
#11 - September 23, 2014, 11:30:32 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Mark

How cool is that!? I never heard about that side of you, Tim. Did you have a ring name?

Bit o' Trivia...An old pro wrestling announcer friend of mine passed a few months ago- Lee Marshall. He later became best known as the voice of Tony the Tiger.
#12 - September 23, 2014, 03:26:59 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

BBQCZAR

I wrestled for over 12 years,did some NWA,AWA and WWE work and wrestled local and some in Mexico and Puerto Rico.My ring name was the Ranger and I had a tag partner named the Mercenary and our team name was the Special Forces.Here is a picture of us with the Southwest Tag team Championship belts,long ago,lol We have a reunion every few years and we have people like Superstar Billy Graham there,Honkey Tonk man,this will be our 1st year without the Ultimate Warrior who passed away.We have wrestlers from Mexico and other places that show as well.BTW,I iknew Lee Marshall very well,he did commentating for some shows in California we did and in the AWA in Minnesota,great guy,funny as heck,sad when he died,too young.
#13 - September 23, 2014, 04:28:35 pm
Attachments:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:34:19 pm by BBQCZAR »
www.thebbqbullies.com

BBQCZAR

Some other info on the wrestling    http://azwreshistory.blogspot.com/2011/03/when-promoter-barry-bernsten-made-brief.html
#14 - September 23, 2014, 04:41:29 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com

johnnys smoke house

I used to work security for bernstien. bernstiens dojo
#15 - September 23, 2014, 07:12:13 pm

Send this topic Print

Members: