AZ Barbeque.com

Team Displays

Discussion started on

The Gym 14

We are pricing Popups and accessories to have at competitions and personal uses for our team, The Gym Grill & Bar. We plan on using the displays for events such as Catering, Biker poker runs, Bar anniversaries, and whatever other reason we can come up with to smoke, eat, and of course drink. As these popups and all can be very pricey when adding all the logos and phone number info and the likes (popups are realitively cheap compared to the printing on them), we were wondering if anyone knows where we can get this done at a fair price. Example being $600 for a 10' x 20' popup and after printing totall coming to $4100. Really wasn't planning on a loan to get it done. Have talked to others a bit cheaper but would still pull it down if a fan was blowing close by to prevent damage. Really not wanting to try my artistic talents either. Would very much apprec. any help from you all.
#1 - March 12, 2008, 01:02:55 pm
Ken Hinton

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Julia Moody at Omni Promotional is great, they do all of the DeWALT tents, they are still pricey, but they do great work.

I'm waiting to get enough $$$ to order a few.  Tell her Mike from AZBarbeque sent you and at least get a quote from her.

258 S. Taylor Avenue/Louisville, CO 80027

Local 303.443.8595

Toll Free 1.800.419.6664

Fax 303.444.8919   

Julia@omnipromo.com              

www.omnipromo.com

CUSTOM IMPRINTED BANNERS, TENTS, FENCING, FLAGS, INFLATABLES AND MORE!
#2 - March 12, 2008, 01:10:00 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

The Gym 14

Hey Mike I contacted Julia and spoke with her already and she is putting quotes together already, Thank you so much again for all your help. You are now officially unofficially a member of our team.
I have other options from a couple places that will do our logos and whatever else on the same material the popus are made of for $6.50 a sq. foot. which can be sewn on our popups. The disadvantage is it is sewn on but being ours will be black how noticable would it be? The advantage is if our popup gets ripped we could remove it and sew it on another for pretty cheap.
I am still waiting to here from them but I think the ballpark figure is going to be at the most $1000 which includes about 6 logos 3' diameter and phone numbers and names around the valance.
What do you think, may be worth it.
#3 - March 12, 2008, 02:06:59 pm
Ken Hinton

mcfrankenboo

McFrankenboo BBQ did our own pop ups.  Here's the breakdown...

Pop ups from Walmart - $100
white pop up tops from Walmart - $70 for 2
indoor/outdoor paint  and brushes - $10
Extremely crafty and artistic wife - Priceless
#4 - March 12, 2008, 02:10:43 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

That sounds about right, the quote I got from Julia was right at $1000 for the unit and the custom grapics, if we order 5 or more, it gets cheaper, but I don't need 5 or more pop ups right now, hopefully in the future I will, but not right now.

Their quality is fantastic, those tents are really heavy duty which I like.

I too went to Sam's club and purchased 2 new EZ-Up tents, the new ones, for just $147/tent.  Came with 4 side walls, bag, and a few other things. Great price, just no custom graphics.

Jim, is Erin and her creativity for rent??  ;D  That would sure save us all lots of $$$
#5 - March 12, 2008, 02:19:10 pm
Michael J. Reimann

The Gym 14

I can see it now McFrankenboo shows up for competions and nothing is ready for judges turnins because his wife has been painting everyone elses displays to compete against his, which as we know was awesome. I don't think we could afford her, plus she would probably use water colors so we would have to pay her again and again. (lol)
#6 - March 12, 2008, 02:45:51 pm
Ken Hinton

bearbonez

I am going to try McFrank's recipe. My sister wants to batik our Bearbonez logo. Should be interesting. My biggest fear is with the batik job and long hair, that I might be labled as a freakin hippie.
#7 - March 12, 2008, 05:46:27 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

Mike (AZBarbeque)

What do you mean, "MIGHT"??

We already call you the Hawaiian, Hippie, Biker BBQer, but hey, you are still the lovable Bear we all enjoy no matter what your label...  It's hard to label the Bear...
#8 - March 12, 2008, 08:44:47 pm
Michael J. Reimann

bearbonez

:o
#9 - March 14, 2008, 07:26:33 am
David "Bear" Nunley

The Gym 14

Hey Mike, really appreciate the contact with Julia. Being as stubborn as I am, or cheap, I kept searching and found a guy in Tenn. who ended up beating everyone elses price by quite a bit and thought I would pass it on to you and everyone else. Seemed to be a great guy and really worked with me on setup and pricing.

Dale Franklin
Summit Graphics
901-870-4766 ph
901-377-7797 fax

summit@hutshop.com

Quality is really bad I know but cant afford any high dollar scanner anymore since this.

What we are going to have, for future events obviously, and catering and whatever else. Wouldn't dream of bringing this to Stagecoach and the Western theme.   LMAO
#10 - March 26, 2008, 06:51:50 pm
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 05:38:07 pm by The Gym 14 »
Ken Hinton

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Wow, very impressive looking.  They did a great job.  What's their lead time?
#11 - March 26, 2008, 09:40:27 pm
Michael J. Reimann

The Gym 14

I asked him if he can get it done in 3 weeks and he told me absolutely that that wasn't even a challenge. He said he can pretty much get anything done in around 14 days or less.
#12 - March 26, 2008, 09:48:22 pm
Ken Hinton

force

Is that a 12 by 12?  what type of range, if I may ask.....
#13 - March 26, 2008, 11:38:54 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

The Gym 14

A 10 x 20 in middle with 10 x 10 on each side, a little extreme all together but what we don't know maybe we can fake it right. No we are hoping to do different things and was screwing around to see what we could do with all it together.
#14 - March 26, 2008, 11:47:14 pm
Ken Hinton

Mike (AZBarbeque)

WOW, so fully set up with all of it would be a 40X10?

That would be one impressive setup..
#15 - March 27, 2008, 12:00:43 am
Michael J. Reimann

Members: