AZ Barbeque.com

Quanity Comparison

Discussion started on

SWestBBQ

Ok, I have mentioned before I am interested in the FAT 50. I have been told, here in fact, ;D that it holds more than a Tucker. Good to know. But, how does it compare with the regular 50 or 60? I am looking at something for competitions (someday), small groups 20+/-, and for some catering..maybe up to 250. It looks like the FAT 50 is the best way to go to me, but I was hoping on some experience. ;D
#1 - September 26, 2007, 01:55:25 pm
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 01:59:13 pm by SWestBBQ »
Perfect Q = Tender succulent meat with a savory rub, cooked low/slow with aromatic wood. Sauce is just another condiment.

Weber Smokey Joe, 2 Weber Silver Kettles, Brinkman Smoke 'N Grill w/mods, New Braunfels Silver Smoker w/mods, Beginning my first UDS build.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

The FAT 50 is deeper & taller than a regular 50 and will give you an extra shelf on the inside, so it basically doubles what you can cook on a regular 50.

The 60 series comes with an option for an upper shelf and overall it is a bigger unit, so it will cook even more than a FAT 50.

For competing and just doing smaller events 400 and less, the FAT 50 is the best unit.  I personally have cooked for 1000 using a FAT 50 before.  I wouldn't recommend that, but it has been done.

Our biggest unit, the 70 is the unit to go with if you will be catering for large groups on a regular basis.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Mike
#2 - September 26, 2007, 02:05:33 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: