AZ Barbeque.com

My SnP

Discussion started on

azkitch

New!
I've had Eileen--cuz she had loose legs--for nearly a year and a half. I took the firebox off and wirebrushed and painted it after I got my UDS running--THANKS AGAIN KID CURRY! Now I've had my drum sandblasted, and I have it about done getting paint, and I decided Eileen needed a face lift. She had loose legs at first, and one of the mounting studs broke at one point. She's never had a proper front shelf, so I got some redwood fence boards and went to town. Some sanding, and a few coats of Minwax Polyurethane. Here are some old shots, and what she'll look like after some fresh wood and a good screwing...

Shelf is a wee bit too high, but the door clears, and it's about 2 1/2 inches deeper than original. Oh well, it'll work!
I'm thinkin' 'bout fabricating some handles from the mesquite I have sittin' around.
#1 - February 17, 2010, 10:13:00 pm
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:44:45 pm by azkitch »
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

chefrob

she's startin ta look nice..........
#2 - February 17, 2010, 10:32:21 pm

Quiggs

OK i have one of these unit's and call it a side-draft.  My teamates calls it a SNP.  What does it stand for?  He doesn't know either???
#3 - February 18, 2010, 08:31:34 am
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

RudedoggAZ

Starting to look good!
#4 - February 18, 2010, 08:49:17 am

azkitch

OK i have one of these unit's and call it a side-draft.  My teamates calls it a SNP.  What does it stand for?  He doesn't know either???
Smoke 'n' Pit, Brinkmanns model name. Also called offset, NBBD for New Braunfels Black Diamond.
#5 - February 18, 2010, 10:39:30 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

KidCurry

Looking good!!
#6 - February 18, 2010, 08:37:51 pm
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

Quiggs

Smoke 'n' Pit, Brinkmanns model name. Also called offset, NBBD for New Braunfels Black Diamond.

Gracia's !!
#7 - February 18, 2010, 08:43:55 pm
Quiggs@AZBarbeque.com
Smokin Dead Meat BBQ
Born on Date 4-18-08
WSM, 22" WSM, Offset, UDS, Pro Q, Couple of Weber Golds, Bradley & Gas Burner.
www.smokinbbq.piczo.com
KCBS member & judge # 51659 of questionable standing

Members: