AZ Barbeque.com

more of my project

Discussion started on

slolow

I started with a 27 gallon Air compressor tank. I wanted to keep it simple and cheap. I had a couple of different ideas I was working on,  I had an old cast iron stove sitting around. I put 2 and 2 together, and the rest is history. I plan to make a chiminey damper to control the heat between the stove and cook chamber. I got two 17 in. stainless steel weber replacement grate that fit perfectly in the cook chamber. I may add another one as there seems to be enough room in there. I have slowed down on the construction due to the heat and time constraints, but I am excited about getting back to work on the beast. Any input/ideas are welcome. I need to name her also.
Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]
#1 - August 24, 2010, 08:58:50 am

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

I Love it
#2 - August 24, 2010, 10:42:11 am
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Soncho

I have been thinking bout the name thing for ya. as it is a blend of old and new, things that arent made to fit together but have been made to, and it has a rustic look and attitude to it, how bout "THE CLAMPIT". After seeing the beverly hillbillies truck drive into beverly hills I could see them unloading that bad boy and cooking some of the best food every made in that town. Just an idea

Soncho
#3 - September 17, 2010, 04:36:29 pm

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

I like the idea..........definitely original ;D
#4 - September 18, 2010, 09:33:34 am
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

nastynickel

I like your idea.......but I see something that you should consider. You have the door to your smoke chamber opening above the fire box. You might consider turning the smoke chamber so the door is to the side or back. I say this because you run the risk of touching the firebox when accessing the smoke chamber. It wont feel good to brush up against the firebox with your leg ( especialy if you are wearing shorts ). Just my $.02 worth.
#5 - November 28, 2010, 09:54:59 am

Members: