AZ Barbeque.com

Cleaned up my charbroil today

Discussion started on

newsmoke

Decided that now the snow was gone I should show ol rusty some love.
Also made an aluminum shelf to cover the wood that it came with.
#1 - April 25, 2010, 07:48:43 pm
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:51:18 pm by newsmoke »

Rob Albach

That is the PRETTIEST charbroil I've ever seen....dang guess I need to show mine some love....Is that a reverse flow mod on yours?
#2 - April 25, 2010, 08:06:58 pm
AZTEC BBQ
Meadow Creek TS120/BBQ42
Charbroil Offset
Weber Kettle

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

That is SWEEEEEEEEEEEET. ;D Looks better than the factory could do. My Brikman could use a little love. What type of paint did you use, or, how did you do it :question: :question:
#3 - April 25, 2010, 08:11:13 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

newsmoke

That is SWEEEEEEEEEEEET. ;D Looks better than the factory could do. My Brikman could use a little love. What type of paint did you use, or, how did you do it :question: :question:
I just hit it good with the wire wheel and then some rustoleum high heat on the fire box and undercoat near that area. Then just standard rustoleum on the smoke chamber. We will see how it holds up. I think I have felt hotter metal that was out in the sun in Phoenix so I think it will hold up.

That is the PRETTIEST charbroil I've ever seen....dang guess I need to show mine some love....Is that a reverse flow mod on yours?
Yes it is a reverse flow set up and it has made a huge difference in the way it cooks.
#4 - April 25, 2010, 11:44:36 pm

azkitch

Cleaned up TODAY???? Jeez, I took off the firebox, and it took me 3 months to get it wire wheeled and painted! OK, so I built a UDS and started using it. I wasn't motivated...
That's beautiful, mon!
#5 - April 26, 2010, 06:57:59 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

squealers

I have to clean the rig today also. this coming Saturday I am catering for 200 people... pulled pork.
So I have to make sure it is presentable.

cleaning today and painting tomorrow.
#6 - April 26, 2010, 07:32:27 am
Taboo BBQ
Spicy Mike, Martin, plus a newbie

Members: