Smokers, Grills, Pitts & More > Show us your Smokers & Grills

Building Rotisserie Smoker

<< < (2/9) > >>

AZBBQGRILLS:
For drain / I have a great idea. if I the bottom section has a 6 inch square cut out in the center. Then crease it slightly. create a door that is v shaped and slide along rails. There would be a handle in the lower front pull it the door slides forward creating a big opening. How does that sound.

Mike (AZBarbeque):
Yea, that's exactly what I am talking about, that would work perfect...

AZBBQGRILLS:
So with that piece done should the firebox be set up with the same trap system or should I go with an ash pan.

Mike (AZBarbeque):
I like the same trap system, then I just set a pan below it on the ground.  Makes it easy to clean up and keeps the ash from smothering out the fire..

AZBBQGRILLS:
Hope all had a excellent christmas.

The biggest item i am taking from this is the cleaning. What about the firebox. Questions I have are size, damper heat shield. I have read that a firebox the length of the smoker makes for even heat. the base of the firebox and smoker will be same height. Hence running tuning plates or a heat shield may not work. What are your thoughts also on the motor. Dayton seems to offer the best motor. Below are the two I narrowed it down to.

1LPP7 SUPER HEAVY DUTY FOR ROTISSERIE SMOKER

AC Gearmotor, Parallel Shaft, Single Output Shaft, Nameplate RPM 6, Input HP 1/4, Gear Ratio 286:1, Voltage Rating 115, Full Load Amps 3.1, Overhung Load 300 Lb, Full Load Torque 600 In-Lbs, 60 Hz, Open Dripproof, Ambient 40 C, Thermal Protection None, Insulation Class B, Split-Phase Motor Type, Rotation CW/CCW

DAYTON 1LPN7 GEARMOTOR

AC Gearmotor, Parallel Shaft, Single Output Shaft, Nameplate RPM 2, Input HP 1/10, Gear Ratio 750:1, Voltage Rating 115, Full Load Amps 2.6, Overhung Load 150 Lb, Full Load Torque 113 In-Lbs, 60 Hz, Open Fan-Cooled, Ambient 40 C, Thermal Protection None, Insulation Class B, Shaded Pole Motor Type, Rotation CW, Power Off Disc Brake Included

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version