AZ Barbeque.com

Building Rotisserie Smoker

Discussion started on

AZBBQGRILLS

with yours being 15" x 4' what diameter is yours. I found an error in the diameter and had to reduce the shelf size to 13 inches. I am going on a 48" outer diameter hexigon.
#16 - January 21, 2011, 12:08:53 pm
AZ BBQ Grills
Heavy Duty Grill at an Affordable Price

AZBBQGRILLS

Well here it goes. Bought 4 sheet of 3/16 steel plate and a trailer. Going to start building. I have included a cut sheet picture. The picture represents each sheet of metal and how I intend on cutting it. Mike I took your idea of being able to pull into a car wash and clean it out and ran with it. The smoking chamber will have a trap door that can be opening and will allow for large object to be power washed out. I will also center crease the pan and place a 2 inch drain for grease draining when cooking. As for the fire box, it to will have a 2 inch drain and to boot the side will be like doors that open and allow for spraying. It will be like spraying a pipe out then putting the ends back on. I really put some thought into it but open to other ideas. Mike if you want to come down or call me with any ideas feel free. It is going to be nice. It will be air tight thus giving it the best ability to draw. I will post pics this weekend when I spot weld it together. If any one thinks of something that you find crucial contact me ASAP I am cutting it out WED 26 JAN. You know its 10:30 and my wife does snore :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
#17 - January 25, 2011, 10:23:07 pm
AZ BBQ Grills

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Sweet, look forward to seeing pictures of it as you build it...
#18 - January 25, 2011, 11:45:34 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

KidCurry

Looking cool.
#19 - January 26, 2011, 08:13:54 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

AzQer

David I would love to see it going on let me know so I can stop by and check it out.
#20 - January 26, 2011, 08:16:36 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

AZBBQGRILLS

I cut out all the sheets today. Took about 1 hour and 30 minutes. It turned out well. I used a 60 amp tip on the CNC plasma machine and it was cutting the 3/16 steel plate like butter. Next is to clean the metal a bit and spot weld it together.

#21 - January 26, 2011, 07:18:52 pm
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:57:30 pm by AZBBQGRILLS »
AZ BBQ Grills

AzQer

Man I love that machine looks great David
#22 - January 27, 2011, 07:16:06 am
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

Grill Sergeant

looks good so far. I stopped by hoping to help but you weren't around. I'll try to stop by today and see if your there.
#23 - January 27, 2011, 08:31:27 am
Ted
2 Pro Ques
1 UDS
2 Team Traegers
1 Country Smoker 680

AZBBQGRILLS

Will be there Friday. Flying with the USAF today.
#24 - January 27, 2011, 01:02:54 pm
AZ BBQ Grills

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Very cool.  Love that machine...
#25 - January 27, 2011, 04:26:54 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AZBBQGRILLS

Day two Spot welded the smoking chamber today. All went well. Here is a pic. I plan to spot weld all and step back and see if there is anything that could be better. It got heavy fast. 3/16 steel plate is a heavy piece of metal
#26 - January 27, 2011, 07:23:30 pm
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 06:13:03 pm by AZBBQGRILLS »
AZ BBQ Grills

Grill Sergeant

Stopped by and saw David today the smoker is really coming together nicely.
#27 - January 27, 2011, 09:34:17 pm
Ted
2 Pro Ques
1 UDS
2 Team Traegers
1 Country Smoker 680

AZBBQGRILLS

Day Three. Fire Box has been spot welded. The sides to the Fire Box are going to be doors to allow for easy cleaning. The lower pan in the smoker and fire box have been center creased and should drain nice. Went together well. Going to weld and seal her up Saturday. Sunday put it on the trailer to make moving around easier. Enjoy the pictures.

#28 - January 28, 2011, 06:17:50 pm
AZ BBQ Grills

AZBBQGRILLS

Day 4 box Smoking box seams are welded. Boy that was some serious welding. I have a Miller 212 never once hit the duty cycle. Vents were cleaned up and installed on the fire box. In the picture you will see a rod connecting all 4 vents. The rod rotates all vents together. It was a concept of mine and it worked fine. I am going to add two handles to it so it will mover easier. Good day lots accomplished

#29 - January 29, 2011, 05:28:10 pm
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 05:30:22 pm by AZBBQGRILLS »
AZ BBQ Grills

Buzzards Circle N

We can relate to the welding and grinding!

When anyone builds a octagon or whatevergone smoker or anything i don't believe they realize the amount of welding and grinding,

That table you are working on is very nice that makes life allot easier.

Ours new big rottissoriecooks very nice we did 50 pork butt's last month these work like a dream.

it will be neat to see yours in action!

Danny
#30 - January 29, 2011, 06:04:43 pm
"We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, vertuous, and in the doing good to all men - If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy we seek after these things"

Members: